PPM and EC of runoff help

@Lostgirl

Oh, one more thing. Just want to make sure:

if you overshoot the numbers, I can add water to dilute to correct ppm?

If I undershoot, I’m screwed because once I’ve added the nutrients in the order required, I can’t go and add more because they won’t mix together, correct?

You are 100% correct on that my friend

As per your example if you are short it’s fine to go back and add once you have mixed (I always do) it’s not going to hurt anything.

However, when you’re short always go back and add base nutrients rather than additives. (Micro grow bloom)

2 Likes

Updated pictures from today

3 Likes

Looking mighty fine!! Filling up that tent nicely. :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Nicely done

1 Like

@Lostgirl

Nerding out a little. I am going to do a controlled sample tonight however to validate my numbers :joy:

So you fed them today and this was your runoff numbers in Yellow?

@Lostgirl

No, this is my next feed from the numbers you gave me. The runoff is the numbers from after the last feed.

2 Likes

Let me try to reward that.

The runoff from previous feed is what I read when I fed them the other day (the first feed with the AN. The last column on the right would be the new feed ppm + the runoff feed ppm from the other day.

2 Likes

I got you! Is that Excel? Is it calculating /plugging in the numbers for you?

1 Like

Yes.

I took the ppm per mL per gal.

Tonight I’m going to add 1ml to 1gal and verify 1ml = xxppm for each base & calMag with my water. So I should a firm raw number. So in the future when I need to feed xxxppm, I will be able to put a target ppm and it will calculate it all for me so I don’t have to math. It will calculate ppm for a gallon and when you enter gallons needed it just multiplies it for that batch. Still some tweaking to do but it will be easier for me.

1 Like

I need to validate these figures to make sure they are correct. The numbers in there now were reverse calculated. So to verify I will ass 1mL of micro to a gal and measure actual reading. Update sheet. Do the same for each base and calMag and update accordingly so I shod have firm numbers m.

1 Like

That’s almost exactly what I did last year when I had a notebook in the grow room. Unfortunately I dropped the notebook and a 5 gallon bucket of water (just a me thing)

Once you get your additives put in there. I would love to have a copy of that. :thinking::thought_balloon:

You make it way too easy to assist you. You need to dumb it down to about 9th grade (I’m just kidding)

2 Likes

If it works I’ll put it out there to download if anyone wants it :grinning:

2 Likes

@Lostgirl

Fed the ladies today. (Including voodoo)

Plant 1 - fed at 360ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 950ppm

Plant 2 - fed at 415ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 1109ppm

Plant 3 - fed at 250ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 1340ppm

Plant 4 - fed at 360ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 962ppm

Thoughts?

Also, my experiment was non-conclusive with the ppm of the AN’s. It didn’t add up like I thought it would so I don’t really understand why. I filtered 4 gallons of water (starting ppm was 98ppm), added 1ml of calMag to one gallon, 1ml of micro to another, 1ml of grow to another, 1ml of bloom to another. I measured the ppm of each independently, the ppm showed that each of the AN ppm was around 22-28ppm/1ml. CalMag was a little higher if I remember correctly it was around 65ppm. (I have all notes at home).

Then, I poured all 4 gallons together and mixed really well (in the correct order) and when I measured the ppm the combined total was like 130ppm. I expected to see 98+30+30+30+calmag = somewhere around 200ppm. That was not the case. So either I don’t understand something or did something wrong. Back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, that when I look at my feed this morning when I take what I fed plant 1 & 1

1ml calMag/ 2.5ml micro/ 2.5ml grow / 2.5ml bloom (per gallon) it was 360ppm (which validates my original calculations! So, combining the 4 together during my test caused some type of reaction or resistance to accumulating the ppm. (Not a chemist).

See my calculations below calculated 365.5ppm, actual was 360ppm.

Below are your numbers from this morning

Plant 1 - fed at 360ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 950ppm

Plant 2 - fed at 415ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 1109ppm

Plant 3 - fed at 250ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 1340ppm

Plant 4 - fed at 360ppm / runoff PH 6.4 & 962ppm
"*****************************†

Plants 1-2-4 the numbers are so perfect. Your goal is 1000ppm +/- 100ppm
We nailed it on each one.

Plant 3 you came in slightly higher. (Not an issue)

So if you look at your lastrunoff PPM numbers, what you just fed them in ppm, and what they just ran off in ppms.

Hopefully you see why I chose those numbers for you to feed at this morning.

Moving forward, your next feed is going to be an important one.

With plants 1 2 4 the numbers came out near perfect so what I suggest you do for the next feed at a total of 500ppm and see can we stabilize the number using only the list below.

Water
Micro
Grow
Bloom
B-52
Totaling 500ppm

NOTE
Micro grow and Bloom (base nutrients) should take the front seat of these numbers you’re trying to feed at (500ppm). B-52 should never exceed any of the amounts used over base nutrients. (And you’re probably never going to use over 3 mil of any additive in a single feed)

Plant #3
You’re going to do the same thing as above except drop your number to feed totaling 400ppm

With that said, this next feed will tell us a lot more of their current eating habits. They’ll also dictate what the next feed is.

†*********************************************†

If you already haven’t, sometime in the near future do the measurement test on the new additives you received. To get your 1-mil = number

As you can see, your pH problem is a thing of the past :blush:

I just want to get you comfortable reading your feeds and understanding them.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m almost there! Getting my arms around it now.

Plant 3 - she’s the runt. Has been the runt since day 1.

1 Like

Is she a real midget or just the smallest one from the bunch?

I’ve had many midgets. They’re eating habits are just as monsters are. (They’re just tiny)

I agree you’re getting there.

2 Likes

She just the smallest. It was a clone I got (Kong Kush) and never really took off. It was tall and skinny when I got her, 1 main branch, topped it a few times in veg. Got it looking”ok” but not as nice as the others. (They’re all clones by the way).

She’s just been special…. She’s filling in though.

2 Likes