PPM and EC of runoff help

You got a lot of shit going on

1 Like

So, I just watered the clones and seedlings to runoff. They’re all planted in happy frog btw. PH was extremely low (5.7). PPMs around 1100-1300 on all of them. PH was low on every single one. Two different bags of HF. I ran 6.8 water through them a few times and it never increased. The PPMs dropped to 950-1100.

I made the executive decision🤣 to start the Advanced Nutrients with these as well because ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Fed at 1/4 strength (1mL/gal).

Plants handled it well. The clones, one with variegated leaves, well I found 2 mites :expressionless:. Treated them all with Growers Alley Crop defender 3 at lights out.

Guess we’ll see. I put the one clone outside just incase it was infested but I really didn’t see anything else .

Now you learning. I ain’t got time for that :poop: that’s exactly what I would have done especially with the PPM runoff that low. That you didn’t even have to flush it down.

Good job brother man!

1 Like

Feed today - runoff for plant 1-3 was 1450’s, plant 4 was 980.

Treated all the clones with captain jacks dead bug and these 4 with crop defender 3 at lights out.

1 Like

Looking good. Back off a little bit on the next feed w/ 1 2 3

1 Like

@Lostgirl

Is this the beginning of foxtailing?

This doesn’t seem as dense as the other plant’s flowers. I don’t have enough experience to know for sure. These top flowers have been under some pretty intense lights (1000-1200ppfd) since they are much higher than the others. I raised my lights. Bit more today to get closer to 900ppfd.

That’s definitely foxtails. You’re Keen eye could potentially have saved you. It’s within my opinion that once foxtailing starts it’s not going to stop.

At the level in which you have caught it I believe you’re safe I would not only raise my light (as you have) I would decrease the intensity as well for a short period.

I’ve caught them at that stage as well and were able to successfully stop the foxtailing. However, I believe foxtailing is also genetics. Some strands no matter what you do when foxtailing starts it gets really bad and doesn’t stop. (This is been my experience)

I’m also came to ignore Fox tailing when it gets bad as it’s not the end of the world and there’s nothing you can do about it so it’s easier to accept it and ignore it. It’s 100% smokeable it doesn’t lose potency it’s just an eyesore and I get it

2 Likes

Oof….

Ok. I raised the lights and dropped the intensity.

:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

You have a 75% chance that doing that will fix it. (Them’s good odds) :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I caught mine too late, raised the lights and even removed one light but hasn’t stopped the fox tails. I’m in week 8 since flip, still have a few more to go.

1 Like

Bummer. It’s my very first grow so didn’t really have this on my radar, unfortunately.

Hopefully I can slow this :expressionless:

1 Like

@Lostgirl

So, I’ve been feeding equal parts of Advanced Nutrient base. Should I be using less nitrogen now or continue using the same amount of the 3? I thought I read to start reducing nitrogen…

Looking at AN website it seems they are equal across the board, so I guess I just answered my own question.

Week 6 of flower about to start.

1 Like

1 Like

Flowering stage does require slightly more phosphorus and potassium and not as much nitrogen however, nitrogen is needed to process phosphorus and potassium.

In your particular case, you’re using B-52 and big buds. This is where you’ll get your extra potassium and phosphorus from rather than eliminating nitrogen.

With that said, I wouldn’t change a thing. You’re getting totally sufficient amounts of everything you need

1 Like

Thanks, you’re a rockstar!

1 Like

All shucks…

Your plants look fantastic seriously. I should be learning from you :blush:
PS
You’re about to get a :poop: ton of weed

1 Like

Bwahaha

I don’t even use weed :smile:. Growing for the fun of it :expressionless:.

IF I do get a ton, imma need to figure out what to do with it :joy:.

Next batch is already veggin. I can’t believe the size of these fan leaves (6 weeks).

I take a hit here and there once a month. But I don’t consider myself a weed smoker at all. I give it all of my family (they are nut cases in one way or another)

I can see you’re having fun :v:

2 Likes

I don’t smoke either but love growing!! I do consume edibles from time to time though. Used to be a heavy stoner in my youth lol

2 Likes

@Lostgirl

Active Nutrients Calculator I made seems to be working.

1 Like