Plants in trouble?

These 2 white widows just started showing a few leaves with this spotting. The leaves are a kind of brittle and curled down. I’m not sure what to look for first.

I wouldn’t worry too much about blemishes on lower leaves.

On the drooping - did you just water?

I would worry about this. What is your intake pH?

Those are the 5 set leaves (node two, if you don’t count the single leaves, I don’t). Usually too late for leaf variegation.

Yeah just watered about a 1/2 gallon yesterday morning. Last time before that was 6 days ago half gallon each right after the transplant.

At what pH? Tap water? Dechlorinated? Well? This looks like your pH (potential hydrogen) is fluctuating. Good to catch it early if so.

I always put 6.4 or 6.5 tap water in with nothing else

Ppm is in the 60’s

What medium? Honestly it looks like a P defeciency… Except 9/10 times that defeciency is pH uptake related.
60ppm water can’t hold pH… are you attempting to adjust it? It would automatically take on the pH of your medium at that low of ppm. So in reality you’d be adjusting root zone pH. Which if it’s a fox farms soils like it looks. That would be a bad thing.

1 Like

FFOF 3/4 mixed with 1/4 happy frog

1 Like

So at 60ppm you should be doing no adjustments to pH. If your city puts chlorine in your water, you need to let it sit out 24 hours before use. If they use chloramine you’ll have to use fish tank de chlorinator.

Honestly. My soil grows in 85% FFHF 15% extra perlite… I just kept my rhizosphere built and did no pH adjustments. My feed would range from 5-7. Soil can support a rhizosphere really well. And both your soils already have it started.

A rhizosphere, as long as it can survive the pH. Will do the nutrient uptake for your roots in exchange for the waste.

2 Likes

Yes city water has Chlorine in. Thanks for that quick advice. I’ll get on the immediately.

If it’s chlorine it just has to sit with a lid off for 24hr. Thankfully most places don’t use chloramine. Since it won’t dissipate in open air. Direct sunlight will dissipate the chlorine faster. But a lot more container cleaning, since light+water=algae

1 Like

A day later it has spread and got worse. I haven’t done anything yet because the soil is still moist.

The water has chlorine so dose the soil . You can buy gal. distilled water for around a dollar . I would think about flushing the soil to stop the damage . Since the soil is still moist it’s going to take time for the plant to process what you just water with & can get more damage . Or you can transplant them in new soil if you have enough to do that . And give them Fresh clean water , NO Chlorine !! Hope this give’s you options .

1 Like

Yeah I probably have enough to transplant in new soil. I just transplanted last week. I have distilled water already on hand. The other plant doesn’t show these signs yet. Sounds like I should do both just to be proactive. Thanks for the advice.

How about a bit more information before repotting.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

If you have a air pump u can use ur air pump in ur water to get rid of chlorine let it bubble away over night

It’s your humidity your lowest humidity is 60 percent the brown spots can be the beginning stages of leaf septoria I would cut the infected leaves off. I assume this is the problem because your large humidity swings are a breeding ground for it how ever there may be many other causes.

1 Like

Also where is your air flow in the tent I don’t see any fans

This is the tent 2x2x48. Fresh air intake with a filter. The exhaust is disconnected from the carbon filter because the smell is weak. The attic that I’m in is very humid. I don’t think it has ever been below 60%. I keep a journal on everything that I can post. I might have to move this into the bedroom but not sure that’s feasible. I’ll fill in the rest of the stuff in a bit.