Not2sure A little bit of every thing #12 šŸ”œ

If the buds are horribly infested I would trash it, but if theyā€™re mostly on the leaves then Iā€™d bud wash and see if it can be salvaged.

5 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser @Covertgrower I am only seeing signs on the larger fan leaves. It is not the whole plant. Just some of the larger leaves. I was also wondering. Since this will be for hash only. Can I chop it with out a dark period? I could get it out today if so.

5 Likes

Sure, dark period before chop is not something I consider necessary or even important.

8 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser . I have had to chop one during lights on before. I was never told it was not good by those that had it. But not being a smoker. I canā€™t just try some thing and know if it is ok or not. It is coming down after lunch then :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree with Hellraiserā€¦its neither necessary nor important ( because our taste buds/senses are f*cked in any case )ā€¦ Butā€¦ I believe the dark period gives the plant the chance to repair its damaged sunscreen/trichs and in essence provide us with a more rounded product at the end of harvestā€¦but, this is meā€¦:sunglasses::v:

7 Likes

Seems to make zero difference to me as well. Iā€™ve done both, didnā€™t notice a difference. Same with flushing.

8 Likes

Go to Home Depot and buy a brass right angle hose barb and put on the end of your outlet hose: the extra weight will help to keep it in the bucket. Thatā€™s what I did.

8 Likes

Iā€™ll be tagging along if you donā€™t mind.

2 Likes

Set to watching also! Agree with others, I tried the dark period for 3 days(72hrs) before harvest and only found that the tricombs lost some milky, but the end result ( which I have nothing to compare with) came out fine. Tasty and effective. But only did it one time soā€¦

4 Likes

i donā€™t flush my plants before harvesting but i am growing in supersoil organically. i have tasted fox farm in pot grown around here. iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the nutes or the soil, but it covers the taste of the pot and all the pot from that guy tastes the same no matter the strain. i have no facts for this but thought it had to do with him using chemicals and not flushing properly. but i was told by the folks at the treehouse that i would not have to flush, just not add nutes the last week or two before chop and that has worked for me so far.

i typically do a 24 hour dark period before i chop. in my reading i remember something about the stuff coming out of the plant while in darkness each night spell and that is what i was trying to accomplish with the 24 hour dark. but again, iā€™m not calling that facts, just anecdotal experience.

5 Likes

Iā€™m here to watch and soak up knowledge. Iā€™ll be starting to harvest my first grow tomorrow.

2 Likes

I will toss up a few new pictures @ashhhh In a few weeks once every one are in the final spots. I will try and keep up.
Here is the BDW. I flipped it to see if it is a female. If it is. I will chop it to do as a mian line. And put it back into veg.

Here are the future girls. I forget where I am at so I will just list who is in this next grow.
Photos:
Money bush
Train wreck from @Myfriendis410
Cheery pie cross from @RAP
Brown dirt warrior from @RAP

Autos:
Green gelato from @anon43727043
Glueberry
Big bang

I had to change thing some from what I wanted. I really need to get down to just 2 tents for the summer. Flowering times played a big part in this as well. Come next grow.

This is the group. Seedlings are 1 day old. Front just went into rooters this morning. The assorted one is for a solo cup grow. I am going to see how it does bottom fed. Kind of similar to an autopot. it has a layer of clay pebbles on the bottom.
@Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @Covertgrower @Capt.Cola @bonnie1

15 Likes

Thanks for the tag bro Iā€™m set to watch. Looks like you kept it to a small grow haha.

4 Likes

@yoshi I didnā€™t want to take over the other users thread. But I see you have a lot off good info I lack, having never been in soil. I saw you mention you top at the 3rd node for autos. Does that work most of the time in soil? If I topped that early in coco. It would be a certain little plant. I have to wait till close to the end of the 4th week. I know for sure I will not get a stunted plant with it. So whats the scoop :grin:

7 Likes

@anon33684698 this is my newest one. I am 99% sure this will be one of my better grows. I will be keeping this one simple :grin:

6 Likes

@Not2SureYet base off plant progressive growth . But I have a 3-6-9-12 method I used .

2 Likes

Wait what?

5 Likes

I can explain , actually Iā€™m trying to start a new journal now to have to post and explain how I try to grow as simple as possible to get great results in bud weight.

9 Likes

This sounds interesting! I may have to hop over to your thread too!

4 Likes

Lead the way please. Iā€™m not sure how to do that or how to follow you over there.

4 Likes