Newt’s Grow Journal (´◡`) - Part 2

Looking good Newt!!!

5 Likes

Just sitting on my deck, enjoying a doobie of NYC Diesel and the sunset. Had to share this photo of the golden clouds.

Then I looked down, and saw this:

Stay lit!

17 Likes

That is a picture perfect evening right thar!!

8 Likes

Looks like klouds of kief :thought_balloon: :sunglasses: :v: :heart:

7 Likes

Yah…Dis retirement shur kin be rough!

6 Likes

Takes some time to get used to!

5 Likes

I must say, I had a pretty easy transition to retirement. Almost 6 months now, and I haven’t missed work a single minute. :smile_cat:

12 Likes

I had a feeling this would happen. :thinking: :laughing:
I am so glad you are enjoying life to the fullest, as everyone that puts there time and effort in deserves.
Love the calming pics.

6 Likes

The NYC Diesel you gave me is almost done. Just a bit more time. How’s the buzz?

6 Likes

I’m almost there with you Newt and all retirees, 7 working days is all I have! No more P tests and no more 24/7 hours on standby. I’m ready to party!!!

7 Likes

Freaking superior! Great daytime smoke.

6 Likes

My diesel is turning out pretty good as well, 2 1/2 months in grove bags and showing good promise as too the buzz starting to get interesting! In another few months i think it will be awesome. Im hoping the diesel finishes off as good as the LA Comfidential, after 10 months in bags that chit is insane with head rushes and body rushes with every hit! Both are my 1st ILGM seeds and im seriously impressed. Will be starting a gold leaf any day now and cant wait. Thanks ILGM for great quality.

5 Likes

Always enjoy your updates but these occasional pics of the beautiful surroundings are always gems. Thank you for just being one of the greats around here. Happy summer!

7 Likes

hey @Newt since you used to test your harvest for THC content…I was wondering what was your take on different THC levels…was the higher level almost always the better smoke… sitting here smoking and thoughts just run thru my head sometimes…considering getting a testing kit as a fathers’ day gift from my daughter…

9 Likes

No. In my experience buds with a higher THC content, simply take less to get you buzzed, but have less to do with the effects of that buzz. That seems to be more related to the entourage effect of the THC, terpenes, and the other cannabanoids.

7 Likes

Great question @Retiredoldguy
Excellent answer @Newt
Latest research on the subject agrees with that conclusion Ser Newt. (intentional misspelling, olde English unless I’m mistrememberaken)

4 Likes

thanks Newt for responding to my high thoughts…I kinda thought the same thing based on my grows…I also think the higher THC buds have a what I call the second level buzz…after the initial effects you settle into a low body high…my experience anyway…

6 Likes

Good morning, and happy Friday!!!

In Tent One, the Cookies Gelato (left) is stretching like mad, and the Haze Berry is trying to keep up, but can’t. :smile_cat:

Both are showing the earliest indication of flowering:

In Tent Two, the Shogun and Chemdawg have been transplanted to their final planters, and have been topped:

The toppings of the first two are fully rooted, and the other two toppings were just taken yesterday, so they will be a couple of weeks, @Fieldofdreams .

My other garden:

Rosemary and Sweet Basil, and in the background on the rail planter are a mix of Hummingbird attracting flowers:

Poblano, Jalapeno, and Hot Thai peppers, Kentucky Wonder Green Beans, and a Big Boy Tomato:

Scarlet Runner Beans, Sweet Mint, and a Roma Tomato:

English Thyme, Sweet Basil, Chives, Dill, Greek Oregano, and Flat Italian Parsley:

Stay lit!

12 Likes

Happy Friday Newt!!

5 Likes

NICE!! Stylish looking too. :green_heart:it

3 Likes