Newb Cheese Closet Grow

And that’s higher than you will need for 1 plant. While you only have the 1 light and multiple plants, it’s best to move your phone around the grow space and get multiple readings so you can take an average. The average for the grow space will be your main concern especially later on in flower. Many many people have grown very successfully without any concern for DLI. It’s just another tool in your toolbox now that can help control plant height in vegetative growth and to help promote good flower development.

2 Likes

Gave up on android photone. Didn’t work for me
Bought UT383-BT
works better.

4 Likes

She seems to be a lot happier with her light turned down and ph’d water.

#C1

2 Likes

Removed some undergrowth and one of the tops on c1. Don’t know why… just want to experiment with them as i’m a new grower

#C1 left #C3 right (no training other than FIM?)

1 Like

Reason enough for me.
Me too.

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Cut the two bottom branches off my #c3 and got the branches tied apart with a paper clip lol!

1 Like

Did you take those 2 bottom branches and try cloning them!?!? I never miss an opportunity to clone.

1 Like

Wow! I didnt even think of that!! I just did some LST with some house hold items to #C3. I may try and take the bottom branch from her to cloan. They’re Royal Cheese (fast flowering) photos.

2 Likes

What do I need to start cloaning?

1 Like

#C3 after light plucking, LST with paper clips, small necklace rope, and two paint brushes (tips taken off and never used)

#C3 before

1 Like

Don’t NEED much to clone. Clean tools scissors, exacto knife or scalpel, container or clone, rooting hormones help but are not needed and some 70% or stronger isopropyl alcohol.

Cuttings should always be done with sterile tools (alcohol), cut at roughly a 45 degree angle. Try to take like 4-6” branches to clone that have 3-4 nodes and are still soft and pliable. (Woody stems are harder to clone)

You can place them directly into water, soil, coco, or something like an aero cloner. As long as the stems are kept semi damp you should be able to get roots in a few days to 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Oh and if you’re cloning in a media, trimming off all lower growth except the top 1-2 node sites and trimming fan leaf tips helps slow the rate of transpiration. Covering the cuttings with some sort of dome helps keep humidity up as well.

This is one of my current clones I’m working on rooting. It’s about 5” long. I left 2 sets of nodes and left the top set of fan leaves. I use an aero cloner and have noticed that I do not need to trim off as much as I do when I clone in soil.

3 Likes

I put these babies in the cup of water to start the germination process January 15th. It’s now February 15th. Ive put them through a month of stress. Heres what they look like at this second while in recovery.

#C1

#C2

1 Like

#C3

1 Like

#C2
Seems stunted. Ive put them all under a lot of stress and havent taken the lights off 24hrs until today. I just set the timer and did the last training for a couple weeks

2 Likes

They’re looking great!

3 Likes

1 Like

Why are the leaves on #C2 so lime green? (Last pic)

I’m no expert but I would try some calmag and check for any bugs under the leaves

2 Likes

No bugs but i dont have a magnifying glass or anything.
Also I transplanted Jan 28th in to fresh FFOF soil. Think I should water with half the recommended nute dosage today? Or just plain water