New to forum from West Oz. Preparing for an outdoor, sustainably sourced product grow

One very quick update as we head into the silly season. The girls looking lovely as the days get longer and warmer.
I found an amino acid supplement called Verigrow. this 100% organic product is made from wool wastes, and has been developed right here by a guy who has what is still only a very small operation. He hopes hell be able to find a bigger market for his product. Ive only used it twice, and the results have been fantastic so far.
A quick look at the Amnesia haze auto. Powering along in flower and looking happy as with still a ways to go. This ended up a small plant even for an auto, could have done with a little more light as a young one. Im happy as can be with this amount, going to be more than enough for me.

I will no doubt have to prune the photo plants a bit too. Cant be too indiscrete, and isnā€™t necessary for me in any case. My leaf mould is ready and I couldnā€™t be happier, enough for easily 3 inches as we start to head into some hot days. The garden has been wonderful to be out in as the weather has been superb to date.
Wishing everyone a very abundant, love and gratitude filled holiday time.

1 Like

I spent some time in the garden again today. The plants all thrived in the heatwave we had last week, because Id put a good 3" of homemade compost and leaf mulch on the top of the plants. Totally glad I left some room on the top of my pots for a good thick layer of mulch. Plants are thriving!
So here is the Amnesia Haze auto. Im thinking Ive got around 3 weeks to go here? Maybe even a little longer. But here is the plant and a close up of the buds. The leaves are brown at the tips. I made some comfrey tea but didnā€™t dilute it enough!

Next comes the purple haze and white widow I planted around mid October.

The runt is the AK 47 I was gifted. This was under lights initially and went into flower outside (before it came to me). She never really recovered but is struggling on and I havenā€™t the heart to end things.
The purple haze from earlier on is powering. A couple more weeks, and I think ill put some tinsel and baubles on her!
Some great feedback from a friend who I made a small batch of soil for. He says his plants never looked so big and happy! Heā€™s been growing for years and years so thats an achievement!
I also potted up a Jack Herer auto today. The potā€™s a tad large for her, but we have warm sunny weather in store so lets see how big she can grow!

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi my ILGM famā€¦
We are in the middle of a horrendous heatwave. I had to move the girls into the shade, but not before they got a bit sunburnt. They big girl did fine, but the younger ones didnā€™t like it at all. They have survived though and doing much happier in their new spot. white widow is struggling though, she really does not like it this hot.
Donā€™t laugh, but this is my effort at a trellis. Its actually much stronger than it looks! The purple Haze is showing pre flowers. The thing is it was cheap and easy enough. If I need to, I can make another trellis to go on top. Gave her a flowering top dressing under the mulch. I am amazed at my soil its going a week and still moist. That in over 38 degree temperatures! Making your own soil does pay off.

The Amnesia haze auto has been harvested. Now in the jar. After drying and trim, I still got 40 grams from her, which Im more than happy about. this is actually enough for me for more than a year lol.
Ive sampled her and she is really nice.
Ive got an equal amount of white widow drying, the results of my failure to give the seedlings enough light. But sometimes mistakes are an inevitable part of the journey. One of the plants was a right off, but the other 2 has brought nice dense looking bud, even if they did end up being small plants. so Iā€™m far from unhappy.
Here is the Haze plant in curing jar

Ive got. a week off work which makes for a much needed rest from work. Im exhausted.
Im delighted by the idea I can give share some bud with friends over the next months. :yum:

1 Like

Now Ive also sampled some of the White Widow. I let this go a bit longer before harvesting. I swear, I was hallucinating after one J. Home growing is a game changer, for sure!
The Amnesia haze is not quite as strong, but very uplifting and even energising. I donā€™t think Ive felt like that ever before. Cant believe its taken me this long to start growing, especially given how much I love gardening. Funnily, itā€™s given me a keen understanding of what farmers go through growing crops, and I like that.
All up I think Ive got what I think is a ridiculous amount of weed, and thatā€™s before my main garden has started flowering.
I had a dry patch in the pot with the Purple haze. couldnā€™t work out what was going quite wrong for a bit there. all fixed now with some added Yucca extract.
It will mean the plant wonā€™t get to its potential, but that is probably a good thing since a big plant might attract attention.
Ive got a couple of folks asking me to make their soil for them next grow. haha could end up being a backyard business for me!
I wish everyone a safe, happy and blessed New year.

1 Like

May 2021 bring you great health, happiness and abundance my friend, happy new year Gromie :v:

1 Like

Well, harvest has been and gone. I had a bit of a disaster with my garden. The neighbour got a very bad infestation of thrips which almost destroyed his roses.
I lost 2 purple haze plants. The symptoms looked very similar to root rot, so I was treating them for that. I didnā€™t find out until it was too late. Never mind.
The WW did give me a couple of ounces, and so did the harlequin. I made CBD and THC oil, and from that I made some arthritis balm (also using some herbs and essential oils).
I donā€™t know if its just me, but is the best balm I have ever used. Honestly works better than taking it by mouth. Im about to have knee replacement surgery so I have enough of both to get me through that, along with enough weed to last a year lol.
Im going to have a crack at indoor growing this winter. Still using soil, but I have a small tent now and a California light works LED light. Wont start for a month or so, till Iā€™m mobile enough to care for the plants. A friend is going to help with set up etc. Iā€™ll be off work for 12 weeks total.
Considering growing Blue dream this time!

Think of me this time next week! At least ive plenty of medicine to keep happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the best for knee op.
Heal up soon @YinYang :v:

1 Like