New guy here. 3 Silver Cindy and 2 randos

Hello. First grow. Always have had a green thumb and love gardening so it comes somewhat naturally I guess.

The seeds came from a bag of Silver Cindy and the others are randoms that idk what they are. There were 5 total Silver Cindy, and 3 randos. 5 seeds took… I think the 3 tallest are the Silver Cindy. The other 2 are somewhat stunted and the rando seeds weren’t mature… so I’m assuming they’re not the Silver Cindy.

I’ll copy/paste the support ticket to answer stuff then add a picture.

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Bag seed. Silver Cindy, and possibly rocket fuel? I don’t know yet if they’re auto or photo.

-Age of plant
I believe about 3 weeks as of 9/25 but I could be off by a week.

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Soil

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
Cabinet outlined in cheap mylar. Probably a 2x2 space… There’s an adjoining cabinet that I plan to also convert once space starts to become an issue.

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
I’m still learning about this… For now I just use tap water that I let sit out overnight.

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Only using Fox Farms Big Bloom every other watering for now. Also mist the leaves every now and then with the solution as well.

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
No idea what this is talking about honestly.

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor. Probably 2x2ish.

-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
Spider Farmer SF1000. My plan is/was to scale up as needed while trying to keep the initial costs down. 100w

-Actual wattage draw of lights
idk.

-Current Light Schedule
18/6

-Temps; Day, Night
Around 80 during the day. 70-75 at night. Soil temp tends to stay right around 77-80.

-Humidity; Day, Night
Day around 65-70%. Night drops to around 45%

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes… kind of I guess. I have a small fan bolted high in the cabinet. I have a very small fan down by the plants. I’m using a computer fan for the air inlet… 3 1/2’’ opening at the bottom, and a stronger computer fan at the very top for exhaust (3 1/2’')

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
There is a small humidifier/mister inside, and a larger vaporizer outside being drawn in from the inlet.

-Co2; Yes, No
No.

There’s probably already some potheads here that mess with Arduino. When I started my huge garden, my goal has always been to make it more hands free than the year prior. So I had covered the entire garden with landscaping fabric and cut holes for the plants. NO MORE WEEDING!!! Also helps retain moisture. I put a drip irrigation system to each plant to maximize the usage of water. So each grow I do with this… I plan on incorporating more technology to make this more and more hands free. Currently the only thing I’m doing that helps me out is using an old phone as a webcam so I can monitor temp, and also to stream classical music through it for the lil fellas.

Here they be!! Cute as a freakin button. Not the best pic… they’re at a perfect heigth that if I raise the tripod the cam will be too tall. Soon though.

2 Likes

Couple of comments:

A 2x2 is really only enough to flower one plant.

Cool. Letting it sit out gets rid of the cloramines.

Big Bloom only contains micronutrients (copper, iron, boron,…). Suggest also using Grow Big and Tiger Bloom.

The best way to manage nutes is to get yourself a PPM meter and manage proper runoff PPM.

Cannabis does best with wet/dry cycles. Water heavily to runoff, let the soil dry out, then water again.

The light is only sufficient to flower one plant.

Happy growing and welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Thanks for the speedy reply and comments. I know the 2x2 space is going to become an issue. So I’ve already got another space chosen. However… tbh I’m counting on there being at least 2 males in there. If not then space is really going to be an issue for me.

Same thing with the light. I know it’s insufficient ultimately… But I needed to keep costs down initially. I plan on adding more lights as the plants grow.

3 Likes

Hi there. If you notice a boy, keep himm from the ladies. You don’t want that pollinating action going on.
H4l4hfmroIVSdxXgrx

2 Likes

I’ll try to upload pics on a weekly basis. However… if anyone is interested I do have it streaming 24/7 so I can monitor remotely. You’d need discord to watch it though. It’s streaming on my private server.

I also decided a few other things tonight… so watch for the drastic changes over the next few weeks.
-All seedlings are going to be moved to a 3x6ish area for the veg stage. They’ll also be streamed 24/7 so I can monitor.
-The current cabinet will then be used purely for seedlings, veggies, and flowers. My plan is to stagger plexi glass from the top down. Shortest plants on the top shelves… larger or taller plants towards the bottom.
-The 2nd (larger) veg area will be floor to ceiling access. Completely enclosed with ventilation and yadda yadda.

Stay tuned!

Oh… I almost forgot… I adjusted the cam. It was driving me nuts. I’m playing with the fan directions and other things to see how it affects humidity/temp. This pic doesn’t represent the temp/humidity I’m ultimately trying to achieve… but a snapshot into tweeking different angles/heights etc.

I had to crutch up that 1 dude with some sticks. He leans way too easily and I’m paranoid about it. Leaning to the point of almost touching the side of the container.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! :v:

1 Like

I am partial to the name cyn, too. Welcome to the happy place. fyi. Rut ro…i forgot. I am very partial to Malawi, also. Thank you. Happy daze. I am.
vguZpiIfpxlEKpkqh7

1 Like