New grow,issues

@bob31 I will try, but my aussie english dialect compréhension is hopeless , lol :wink:… Do not take this bad or personnal @aussie123556

If your question is : can I use a HPS light in vegetative stage ? Imo, yes, but only for the last week of 18/6 light schedule. Maybe the last 2 if height is not a problem, and only if your plant (s) are not stretching already.

When to switch from MH to HPS is totally depend on size of your grow room, strain of the plant and the grow technic you do. You can ScrOG, LST, prune, top, FIM or let your plant(s) growing without intervention. You can let it vegetate for as long as you wish, it depend on your grow space, strain and number of plants you’re growing.

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Ok Al, I understand. My sister lives in AUS and I never know what she is talking about!

1 Like

@Niala,lol,sry,all good mate,i never take offence on anything,that was pretty much what i was thinking,as long as your on 18/6,with the different light spectrum i wondered how they would react,just wish i had seen how plants respond,(sativa,indica),yet another experiment for the future am wanting to try this out aswell,will stay patient,wish i had more room to try all these different things out.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bob31,hilarious but true…lol.:):rofl:

1 Like

I’m reading a book about a fellow that was a police officer in Birdsville in the outback. I have to stop every couple of pages and either Google the word or email my sister and ask her.

The one that has me confused is smoko I know they like to add the o to words. It is used like we all got together for a smoko.

So is that an outdoor BBQ? Or everyone smoking cigs or? Unfortunately it is never used in great detail so I’m never sure what they mean.

2 Likes

@bob31,yeah is what we call a lunch break or morning tea break…lol…they got it form the old miners way back when they didn’t eat.lol…an only had a roll yr own cigarette for their break with a lung full of coal dust,hee hee…had worked underground an heard this was from that,but i’m sure many job trade would say it’s their term from along time ago…loggers,hunters,(bushrangers),.:slight_smile:

@latewood,ok tks,is there any minimum you go to with ppm or is the idea to get to 0ppm by the end of your week or so at the end of flower.?

after some more reading i found info saying that a lux light meter is no good an you cannot convert lux to par.has anyone got any ideas on this as i feel i bought the wrong meter…

1 Like

@aussie123556 I’m gonna tag a few guys that might be able to answer that. @Niala @MAXHeadRoom @dbrn32

1 Like

I’m not aware of any accurate linear conversion of lux to par. I read 27,000 lux at 350 ųmols once under white led lighting, but that could change under a different light spectrum.

If you want to measure light intensity for your plants, you definitely want a par meter. That will measure the level of photosynthetic radiation your lights provide.

1 Like

@dbrn32,yeah was thinking i got the wrong one,as no stores locally have par meters,only lux,

2 Likes

Not surprised. Limited applications for par meters and high cost will keep them out of local stores. About the cheapest I’ve seen one us around $150. The apogee model that seems to be more popular runs around $300 U.S.

2 Likes

Need help was gone working for two days. I started my plant’s on 12 an 12. It has been 2 days in flowering I got back a couple hrs ago and my wife said that she thinks the lights dent work right. What to do … please help… should I put them back in veggie…

@aussie123556, here’s a link to convert lux to lumens,

A plant need around 50 000 lumens to thrive to it’s maximum potential with the full spectrum of the sun.

Like mention @dbrn32, you gone a have different reading at different spectrum and the kind of meter you have is a lux/candle foot meter and it’s calibrate for white lights.

2 Likes

@Niala guess i can only stick to arm test for the time being,an recommended heights for the bulbs,an hope santa brings me a par meter for xmas…i had found that same calculator but still wasn’t sure if it was for that like you mentioned.tks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ozzie1,i know with my lights i emailed an double checked every spec an review on them an of coarse the spectrums,maybe the person you bought them from might be able to help aswell :slight_smile:

I did not explain my self well enough… sorry. I am in a panic. The lights
are fine it is the timer that messed up… should I go back to veggie for a
few days. Cause it’s just been two day.

@Ozzie1,i’m not to sure on that 1,i’d say so if you want them bigger an they are ready but can take a while to get back to normal growth iv’e read,but after 2 weeks at 12/12,an not 2 days,there are some other threads an awesome ppl on here that may be able to help more on weather it will affect them by going back to veg or if the light was off for a couple days either,still learning to tag an follow threads.would be good to know myself also,good to see another ozzy… or ozzy osbourne fan,their both good…hee hee :slight_smile:

You will be fine if its only been two days. Just resume your normal 12/12 schedule

@Ozzie1 in the future, please don’t hijack another members topic. Just post a new one.

Follow the link

Grow Cycle - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum and +New Topic in the upper right corner and then we can work with just you! I would encourage you to do that even though max has already answered your question.

1 Like