Need a opinion on the yellowing

Hey guys why are they yellow, and look at stubby, 5 months old, only grow that much. Thanks for any advice

3 Likes

Hey neighbor when I had them small like that and later dug up the root often found small root ball didn’t go anywhere. 'Cuz I planted in mud or soil too hard. If that’s not it then I’d blame genetics.
Them are yellow 'cuz theyre hungry and used up a lot of nutes building them buds

4 Likes

Do you think I need nitrogen

3 Likes

I dont know I believe yes 'cuz a bloom nute I’ve used was 4-8-7 and I see others use a low amount too so a bit but not veg nutes.

3 Likes

Yes, the 1st plant looks overwatered too often. The others look hungry :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

What do ya got for bloom nutes. Notice the low N with higher P and K. Besides that, secondary and trace minerals are in demand.
Some bloom nutes need another product (FF and Diablo).
Or they got extra minerals in there (Floranova). Calcium magnesium sulfur etc. Pay attention to that.
Tiger Bloom is low in cal and mag compared to Floranova althougj it says trace minerals

2 Likes

What do you think of this? I bought this local, until I knew what I really needed. I’m gonna order something on line that’ll help correct that

I would mix at about 900 to 1000 PPM
For next feeding.

3 Likes

Here’s another stubby, but I won’t complain about that one that thing is nice and fat. I don’t know. That’s why i’d like to grow you never know what you’re gonna get, or should I say I never know what I’m gonna get? I’m still learning.

3 Likes

Nice colas , auto’s ? I would roll
With the jacks.

3 Likes

That was an LSD photosensitive

It ended up being a stubby, but it was nice and fat and boy did that thing stink

2 Likes

Look at fabric pots for next grow. Just not a fan of the plastic buckets.

3 Likes

In my top photos, the big one In the back is an LSD photosensitive the smaller next to that is a white widow. auto, stubby is a white widow Auto and I don’t know what the other one is my buddy just got a seed from the dispensary. Weed

2 Likes

I’m curious to find out what it is

Hey @TOUGH-TONY127 where’s the calcium, farmer. I dug a bit, looks like none. Theyre hungry as tomatoes for calcium. Also your tomatoes will have stronger cell walls, resist disease and end-rot. Tap water adds enough for normal plants but not enough for weed.
Anybody around use Jack’s Blossom? I’m guessing it’s not meant to be used alone.

2 Likes

Looks like it could be two things. One: nitrogen deficiency. Or two: nutrient lockout. If it is one and not the other, by correcting them the wrong way could exacerbate the issues.

If you’re using nutrients, it is most likely NOT nitrogen deficiency. It could be that your soil had a build up of salts and minerals or the pH is not right and that is causing the plants not to uptake nitrogen etc. if that is the case, you’re going to need to flush your plants and adjust soil ph accordingly. After flushing, I would give them some type of micro fertilizer and a all purpose such as Fox Farm Big Bloom.

2 Likes

@Jaysittinback I run Jacks 321 in veg and then the Blossom 10-30-20 for first two weeks of flower, then back to the 321, but mixed at 421 instead for a bit more P and K thru flower. JR Peters website now recommends first week of flower to switch to the Blossom formula, then back to 321 or 421. I know of folks that use Jacks classic series, 20-20-20 in veg and 10-30-20 in flower. I don’t think the classic series has enough micros or Calcium and Magnesium in them compared to the 321.

3 Likes

That makes sense I also read about a switch back to get back on needed minerals. I think cal-mag would do because Blossom has others including sulfur.
About pH @Mothman good points and I thought this through starting with plant’s history stage of flower etc and lime color and lack of other important symptoms. Dont think pH because N got a wide range of uptake. I’d expect obvious secondary and trace deficiencies with pH far off during flower like ca and mg - or iron +. But it just looks hungry.
Tony where’s your cal mag get er in ya.

4 Likes

Good point , I did put some calcium in as well

1 Like