My Starters Equipment

27 days from flip, so first/second week of flower

2 Likes

Dont forget to count the transition time.

1 Like

Transition Time???

@Audiofreak & @Budz Can you explain the approx. timetable of Veg to Pre-Flower and Pre-Flower to Flower on Autoflower. I have basic understanding from reading and I know each plant has its own timetable. Also still not real comfortable with Flower to Harvest period. Can’t wait to get a first grow under my built so I can experience everything first hand. It’ll be nice to document my mistakes so I can apply what I learn to my 2nd grow.:v:

Should I be concerned with the light description saying 2x2 on flower coverage and I have a 2x2.5?? Says veg is 3x3. I’m thinking I should be alright with 1 plant??

Dimming function is probably a little overrated on light this size, but it’s always a nice feature to have. Any quotes of coverage area from hlg are going to be formed using dli method based on total amount of light output. So pretty much means the size of space you will get to recommended ppfd average. Being a little high or low here is not a major problem, especially if you are growing for personal use and have harvest goal of a few ounces per grow.

With your backyard would be pretty easy to assemble yourself own light that would be ideal size for this space. I get not wanting to mess with it though as well. Any of the lights mentioned by others should be able to attain your goals.

Transmission time is the period of time that the plant takes to “transition” from one state to another as it dosent happen instantly. For instance when you flip lights the plant is not instantly in flower it takes a period of time to go from veg to flower (can be a week to a couple weeks) many growers forget this and frustrate themselves with expeditions of changes that take time.

1 Like

I was 35 days from flip on 4/20. Transition can be up to 3 weeks. But that SLH did it instantaneously. All of these were flipped same day, but that SLH easily close to 4th week flower while others are barely week 1 as of yesterday/today. One took too much dmg from falling object and failed technique, got culled. I would consider 5 of these in full blown flower. Other two just barely started to ball up, so they are probably week 1 flower from what I understand. The buds tell you when they are finished no matter what route you go. With photo period you get to decide when it starts it’s transition into a 8-10week avg flowering peroid, depending on strain. On ILGM it it’s an auto, the weeks are from ground or seedling, not sure. Don’t auto. When you buy fem seeds those weeks listed are flower. The two weeks of seedling have to be added, you can flip at that point with enough light. Avg is 4 week vegetation after the 2 week seedling. So depending on what you want to do and how many seeds you want to use. You can achieve the same yield 4 weeks faster. But takes a SoG instead of scrog, a couple large plants or many small ones.
I was tied when I guessed 27. Lol

Also on the lights. Looks for actual running wattage and other specification. Like.

1 Like

I count flower from the time I see “hairs” truth be known I dont really count anymore as I just watch plant and react accordingly.

1 Like

Hairs are the start of the transition.

1 Like

I can’t share it here. It’s on competition website I also use. Some more organized information.

in my book this plant is in flower.

1 Like

It’s in the first few weeks. Yeah. Erm transition. I’ll check what this one defines

This plant was only 2 weeks from transplant.

Meh that site says hairs appear in second week after stretch or whatever. Either ilgm messed up and I got an auto, that just happened to be trained like a photo and not fuck it up. Or it’s a freak of nature.

That’s why I don’t worry about it and just go to my journal when people ask how long. I don’t keep up with it. They will tell me when done. No point in counting the days. Did that enough in jail

2 Likes

Good info guys, thanks.
I’m gonna put this one in the ( No question is a dumb question category)
When talking % of clear, cloudy and amber trichomes before harvest. Does that mean all buds on plant or one bud it’s self?

1 Like

Sometimes the cola will mature before the rest and should be taken first. Usually not indoors. A lot of outdoor or gurilla growers will harvest a plant twice. Taking all the big dense finished buds, by removing them giving the remaining less dense buds a couple more weeks to fatten up.

Edit: There’s information on cannabis everywhere. Even netflix.

2 Likes

On indoor auto can I expect on average for all buds to start turning around same time? Depending on strain? On what I can make out from all my reading, I can expect to face different situations for nearly ever plant.

1 Like