My clones of my first mother plant don’t seem to be showing roots

I got told 18 6 is better the plant needs rest anyone on here do lots of clones have any idea what’s best 24 hours or 18 6 do you do lots of clones myfriendis410

1 Like

psst ! look at his title lol

What u mean

it says mentor. he is here to teach us too. we are probably funny to him. like others will that come after us will be to us

2 Likes

if you see advice from me and advice from anyone with creds, dont take mine

Don’t get u mate what u mean don’t take as vice from you or him what u mean mate

I mean if you have to chose who to listen to it should not be me

O right haha just want to know anyone that dose lots of clones and only clones cuz you do get people who just do clones what’s best way to do them 18 6 or 24 light

1 Like

lots of people on here know their stuff. some of us have done it one time or 2. take what works for you and adjust it but I try to always listen to the growers that have more than one grow like me under their belts

if they tell you @ somebody does what you need to know about go stalk their page that’s what I do lol

1 Like

I’ve done lots grows just first time I have done a mother plant and done my own clones use buy them already hardened of and rooted that why am asking like

2 Likes

I am a moderator on this forum and my title is ‘mentor’ because I have some depth of experience in growing.

This is not yet a plant. It’s a cutting that you want to be a rooted cutting, or clone. Not even the same thing. 24/0 to keep photosynthesis going which causes water movement from ‘roots’ to canopy. Turning off lights reduces this capillary action and the plants wilt and you the grower have lost 6 hours of root growth.

But it’s your grow and you can listen to anyone you want.

1 Like

Ye thanks these have never wilted and I have had the dome of for few hours at a time just not seeing any roots yet so when you do clones you run for 24 hours I always thought they need time to repair them self what would you suggest thanks man

See my answer above.

70 degrees is a little cool maybe try and get the temperature up to 75-78 degrees . Lights on 24 - 7 for now . Give it some time .

1 Like

Thanks people am going to try 24 hours should I keep my vents shut or open I have them open at minute and they are fine so open or closed that on my proppergator that is

1 Like

This is a top tip.I know this is an older post but the quest for knowledge never stops. I’ve been cloning for a while now with a good success rate and will be doing the 24hr light thing from now on as some of them have failed recently. Thank you again @Myfriendis410 this is indeed why you are a mentor :sunglasses:

2 Likes