Mission to Mar...vellous buds! 🚀

I just finished reading it too. :joy::joy:
Too funny.
:v:

2 Likes

Yeah this was probably a bit before me, we had cassette tapes and VHS, but didn’t know anyone with a Betamax. That’s neat!

4 Likes

Our family got a Commodore 64 like this one with the tape player when I was little and we had some classic games on there - I think my fave was Ghost Busters :ok_hand:
The games took FOREVER to load.
On a Saturday morning, us kids would have our beds made, breaky dishes done, bins taken out etc before the damn thing was ready to play :joy:

images-2
images-3
images-4
s-l400

5 Likes

Never did get the 64 but had the Commodore Amiga 500. That was a pretty badass machine at the time. Especially when the 14.4 modems came out.

@CalamityJane, at least we can help pass some time till the little gal breaks ground. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My first PC was my mom’s IBM 8088. I remember when she got her video card upgrade and we finally had colors lol. We had that computer for a long time.

3 Likes

I fully believe that too! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, a little trip down memory lane is always time well spent :relieved:

3 Likes

I’m almost certain that’s the PC we had too! Never did get the colour upgrade. And all my mates had like the lastest technology and I was so embarrassed as all we had was this old thing. But looking back now, I appreciate how much it must have set my Mum back, we weren’t exactly well off… :pensive:

2 Likes

My first computer was a radio shack Trs80. Programs were loaded through a cassette tape. Language was basic. An average computer user could create their own programs. I Took a couple summer classes in the early 80’s writing fairly simple games such as snake.
Anyone else have a Trs80?

6 Likes

Sometimes I wish I was born in that era… I know a bit of C++ myself, but most any program you need there is something for it lol. I actually watch a lot of retro gaming/computer videos on YouTube. Almost bought a C64 a few times on eBay lol

1 Like

Sounds exactly like what I had. It was either from Radio Shack or Sears

5 Likes

Oooh fancy new avatar you got there @AfgVet :wink:

2 Likes

GIF image 155

We have liiiiiife!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

It’s even sprouted up a little bit more in the last few hours since taking this pic.
I think the husk is still attached though… not a problem I’ve had to deal with before but I’ve got a good few ideas on how to tackle it after seeing others with same problem (moisten it, tug gently with tweezers, etc etc).
I’ll give it some time before I go rushing in there.
Dome is over it now - may the stars align for this little one :pray:

12 Likes

9 Likes

I think Sears sold the Tandy version, a sister to RadioShack. Like Chevy and GMC.

2 Likes

Lol, thanks. Tryin to look all professional here ya know :rofl:

3 Likes

I had the Sears version of pong as well

1 Like

Oh that’s cool @AfgVet I like it! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

3 Likes

PONG!
OMG, that brings back memories…

2 Likes