Merlin's Grow Log

Yes, I was, I had a brain fart moment, excuse me :wink:

I think itā€™s cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For this application, low quality casters, of the sort you might find at Harbor Freight, work fine but I find that I must lubricate them each grow or they donā€™t rotate nor roll easily.

I had a bunch of rolling plant bases that I took the casters off of. Each base has five casters, one in each corner and one in the middle. You could get by with three but they might be a little tippy when you are moving them around. Four would be quite stable but would not rotate as easily as with five (the one in the center has shims so it pivots very easily around that center wheel).

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never done a scrog, Iā€™ve done sog, after a few more grows I might give it a try.

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Well, you have me beatā€¦I have never done a SOG and I have not done a proper SCROG yet. I hope this SCROG turns out to be a SCROG.

The previous two efforts at SCROGing turned out to be little more than a support frame for colas that were too tall and needed a lot of support. Actually had to add bamboo stakes to hold things up.

3 Likes

Very nice! Looking like a jungle in there :call_me_hand:
I see big buds in your future !

1 Like

Thanks, Guyā€¦it should yield a few zips of nice big buds.

2 Likes

Yep ā€¦good guessā€¦ I followed the parts list you posted a while ago and it all came to $50 and change ā€¦BUTā€¦ that was full 12ā€™ lengths, enough for ALMOST 3 of @merlin44 s framesā€¦ needed the tā€™s and connectors for the second oneā€¦(extra cost) but still cheap enough! Thatā€™s just the frame not the baseā€¦ not gonna use it this grow though as I found that I need a bigger tent to use themā€¦ so when I can get a bigger tent Iā€™ll be golden!! Love his idea and it works as you see, I still have time so maybe just one will go in the 3x3ā€¦ well seeā€¦ my eyes/hopes were bigger than my tent! Good luck, @pyper looking forward to your growā€¦ mineā€¦ is just starting.Lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nice, there looking good! Lot of bud sites goin on! With the help here they will definitely produce for you! Iā€™ll look that the journal and follow it if you dont mind!

1 Like

@merlin44, I know that this is a stupid question an I feel like I already know the answer, if I use your soil mixture, do I need to rinse it prior to use? I am thinking no. I have just heard of other people watering until run-off prior to use with some soils. Just wanna make sure I get it right. By the way, I have a vapor rise 2.0 and itā€™s awesome, even have a bubbler for it. The only down fall is that itā€™s glass and I am clumsy. Already had to replace it once. I donā€™t bring it out when people are over anymore. I have really enjoyed following your grows. I have picked up quite a bit of things. Keep on keeping on brother

3 Likes

I donā€™t rinse my soil mixture. I do thoroughly water it so that there is initial run off. That is to insure that there are no dry pockets in the pot. I add the water to each 2 gallon batch and mix it with my hands for complete mixing of all of the components including the water.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. You are doing great!

6 Likes

@merlin44, as always, thanks for your response. I am just trying to get everything as right as I can from the git go. I know to expect some bumps in the road and possibly a few freaking hills along the way. Iā€™m trying to plan/hope for the best and expecting the worse. That way, I wonā€™t be disappointed or I may be pleasantly surprised. I hope that all is well with you and believe me, ask questions, I will.

5 Likes

I used my ā€œSuper Croppingā€ pliers for the first time this morning. This homemade solution was inspired by @PurpNGold74 @roost1 @AAA @Missiles

On the stems/limbs that were too thick and stiff to squeeze with my fingers, the pliers were perfect. It took me a few times to get a sense of how hard I can squeeze. It also sped things up considerably as it only took about 20 minutes to train the entire room. In the past it would have taken twice that long and I may have broken one or two branches along the way.

It was kind of funnyā€¦I had the ā€œSuper Croppingā€ pliers and my pruning shears on my thigh so I had ready access to which ever I needed. A couple of times I reached down, intending to grab the pliers, and did not realize that I had the pruners until I had them in place to use. Stopped just in time before chopping a whole top off (4 or 5 nodes below the top).
Crisis avertedā€¦whew!

I am currently on schedule to flip next week (perhaps even this weekend).
@dbrn32 @Haildamaged @Covertgrower @holmes @elheffe702 @Gremmall

19 Likes

Plus:
@WonkaMan @DoobieNoobie @Teacherttom1 @oldguy @growtus @roost1 @pyper @repins12 @guy @blackthumbbetty

5 Likes

Supercroping fool! Thatā€™s awesome. Canā€™t wait for the flip.

6 Likes

Foolā€¦Toolā€¦
That is great, it did not even occur to me. When I need cleverness, I come talk with all of you.

7 Likes

Very Kool tool. :+1:
I did mine some last nite by finger.:wink:
Couple more weeks for my flip to flower. :grin::v:

3 Likes

That is so awesome! I love when a plan comes together :grin: Nice job @merlin44 :wink:

5 Likes

7 Likes

The pliers are clever for sure. Might tey super cropping eventually in flower currently saw the start of hairs last night.

3 Likes