Marty McFly Weed 2nd grow Journey/Journal

I use the ¹ oz Grove Bags … for me its easier to manage…

2 Likes

Got it all curing now at 59-62%RH and 60 degrees

I was surprised it was such a fast dry. It only took 6 days! But , it was a scwrany plant though and it rippened very quickly…thats only 3½ OZ. One plant…LOL

7 Likes

Congrats on your harvest :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Congrats on the dry and cure! 6 days is a good number especially if she was on the thinner side. 3.5 zips is a fine harvest!

You can reuse it as long as within the PH range.
Without scrolling back up what nutrients you running?
Organic needs amendments top dressed unless you’re gonna dump and mix it all up and refill.
That no till is leaving in pot and amending it as you go and grow. I’ve doe this quite a few times and several I had ran 3 grows in them no till. I’ve found that the PH of the soil down lower in the pot tends to acidify faster than up top so would need to add some buffers like oyster shells dolomite lime or garden lime (look at the limes ratio of calcium to magnesium) you want to shoot for about 6 calcium to 1 magnesium as a ratio so if using lime you’ll want to add another source of calcium like oyster powder or crab meal to get to that 6:1 ratio. These “buffers” will help bring the PH up.

If your running chemical nutes I’m not sure but I would think you could after a good flush etc. I’m just not one to answer that on chems.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the smoke report!!! Yummy :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I am using Jacks 321 nutrients… i am getting 7.3-7.5 pH from the runoff out of the soil right now. It would need an Acidifier if anything right?

4 Likes

If that’s an accurate PH of the soil profile then yea you would.
I use elemental sulfur a yellow powder to lower PH.
Haven’t used it but once or twice 3-4 years ago.
It takes time for the microherd to process it to affect the change.
There are other things you can do like flushing pot with low PH water. I use citric acid it’s cheap and a little goes a long way lowering PH.
That PH is not too far off the mark.
If you dump and reuse mix whatever you decide to use into the mix and let the critters do their thing.

Did you use tap water?
Did you add any alkaline buffers?

3 Likes

Yes to both of these questions! Also Silica! I think this is what caused the pH to rise up
My first grow using the same soil and nutrients with my tap water but without pH up the pH was 6.4 -6.8 no issues…but this time i used pH up with my tap water…

1 Like

68 days today since flip to 12/12. Still ripening… i am not rushing them at all like i did on my first grow. I was overly excited with it and harvested earlier than i should’ve probably. But it was a good 10 weeks i let them go for but after seeing this grow come to fruition, i am in doubt… These are taking a good time to get ripe… i am still not seeing any good amber-ing yet… a couple of tiny sugar leaves are spotted but thats it… the buds are getting heavier also… i am noticing some new growth and swelling here and there. The resin glands are filling with terpenes … i am noticing a strong aroma when i pinch of dead leaves.

Oops sorry for the doubles

7 Likes

I’m seeing all milky with some amber in a few of the pics.
Normally Amber starts at top and moves down so check multiple levels on buds.
Love those fall colors!

7 Likes

Beautiful plants. The colors are awesome. Should have some good smoke soon!

5 Likes

Yeah, i check multiple buds at all levels… i know the tops like to ripen first. Thats why i am drooping the buds over so the light shines on the sides also…
@4204life thanks, its colder temps that brings out the purple. Its dropping down to 61 degeees at night and no higher than 76 degrees during lights on… i found out temperature is important for preserving the terpenes and resins inside the buds.

7 Likes

@Covertgrower am running my lights at 12/12 with 700 PPFD. They are on they’re 10th week. No amber yet but i am seeing new white pistils popping up overnight. I am using the Photone plant light calculator and it says not to go any lower… its only 3 buds on one plant that keep putting them out . I am ready to say heck with the calculator and drop the lights on hours down to 10 to get 14 hours darkness but what PPFD should i use. I know theres charts and graphics online but i need an organic response here? Thanks

7 Likes

My pH is also at 7.5 so… i am sure it has something to do with all the purple…LOL

4 Likes

Foxtailing. Not much you can do, my opinion is, they’ll happen because it’s a last ditch effort to reproduce. Genetics are in control.

Maintain whatever lighting you have, and you may never see amber, but you’re more likely to see amber when the foxtails have receded and turned brown also.

I wait until most foxtails have finished and turned brown, that’s approximately when I harvest.

8 Likes

Those buds are lit man! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

The color is beautiful that what normal senescence looks like just like my maple tree in the fall.
Purple can be an indicator of phosphorus deficiency or lock out of it or colder temps but at this stage I wouldn’t worry and just ride it out.
None of my harvests have been all nice and green top to bottom and that’s what I expect with natural amendments instead of an IV drip feed.
Regarding foxtail it’s part of what they try to do to make seeds cause that’s their main goal in life is to reproduce. (Seeds)
As far as lighting of the phone app is accurate 700 ppfd isn’t that high. If it’s not accurate you could lower it a bit but not necessarily reduce daylight hours.
It will smoke with or without foxtails.
Harvest when your in YOUR window for trichomes ripeness.

4 Likes

Clarify…dim it a bit not lower the light…or not …lol

1 Like

@Skydiver @Covertgrower i have a bud that has a dry top. I mean, its dry! Crumbled in my hand dry! What caused this? Its only one bud on the Mowie Wowie. Its not close to the lights at all. Not as close as others and they’re not dry.
Look at it

4 Likes

The actual bud or the sugar leaves?
Don’t think I’ve had a bud do this while still on the plant.

3 Likes