Marshydro ts1000 auto GSC. Indoors, 2x4x5 tent

That’s why I love doing this. It seems we all have general guide lines that we follow but we all do it our own way. I like having a schedule to follow for feeding to. It tends to help if you have to have some else take care of your ladies. I was pushing nutes by adding extra nutes , if that days reading was low, under 1100 but I think it caused me to feed a lil to much and cause a lock out. This is my way of refraining. If my ppms where to drop bad low, say under 700 I would do a supplemental feeding. I am just trying to nurse her through, the cal-mag issue I had, has made me a little gun shy of pushing nutes more days than the schedule says too.

Yeah we all do it different, I talked to a guy that works at NPK industries and he feeds every single day until flush.

I fed 600 (my waters 200) ppm of cal mag/ 4-20-39 even though my plants were all in soil and doing well, just wanted to have them taste a little bit of easy nutes before they start needing big doses in the coming weeks.

I also have someone taking care of my grow because it’s “our” grow so the wifey learning but she’s time strapped so I make it easy like only measure run off once a week

WW, Watered with cal mag yesterday. Ph out was 6.1 and ppm out was 800. Today i will feed around 1200 ppm and around 5.8 to 6.2 ph.

My GSC AUTO has recovered well from the over watering/ hella hot soil. misting the dome and about 3 ozs of water about 5 inches away. I think her roots are finally taking hold cuz she is a diffrent plant every time i see her. Grow baby grow…

NL AUTO, as of yesterday has not broken the soil yet. I hope she does in a few days.

I had another NL that germed with the smallest tap root. It had been in soil for 9 days i think. I dug down to see if there was any growth, nope just a slimy seed with the same tiny taproot. She is trash now. Was a dud, my first one. I might have fresh pics later on today.

On another note, my big WW is root bound like crazy in a 5 gallon pot. She is 4 to 5 weeks into flower and my guess is 4 or more weeks left to harvest. Can i transplant? My idea is to fill another 5 gallon with coco and cut just the bottom of the one pot off and place in inside the other pot. Kinda a home made 10 gallon pot.![1574326484082221769868|281x500]
(upload://iQSS49f8v1vnf7l4LIUW4gPBKId.jpeg)

Is it to late to transplant, i think this wont stress the plant as badly and give it room to go deeper. Is it worth the risk?

@nicky @Myfriendis410 @MrPeat @Drinkslinger @DankGunslinger @blackthumbbetty

1 Like

Are you in cloth pots or plastic?

Cloth pots, thanks for the fast reply

2 Likes

I have to believe there’d be little to gain in transplanting into a larger cloth pot at this point. They’re self pruning. As long as you keep the nutes up it should be fine.

I just got out of work. 4:06am. Going to have to spark up a joint before 4:20. I just can’t wait.

3 Likes

I am leaveing work now as well. Long distance smoking buddy :wink::wink::wink:. Thanks for the input i agree.

2 Likes

I’ve pulled apart many roots balls from cloth pots ( I use 7 gal). Not a single one of them looked even close to being root bound.

I put some mother plants in 3 gal pots. Some of them seem to be impeded. But I won’t actually know until I open them up.

My next grow will be 7 gallon pots for sure

2 Likes

7 gal seems to be the sweet spot for me (indoors).

well I did it. Cut the bottom off and placed in about 3 to 4gallons of fresh coco. The roots were all kinds of bound up. Huge root ball on her. Guess the only way to really know something is to try it. I bet she wont stress too much hopefully. Trial and error. Plus i read @Drinkslinger reply wrong, I thought u said there would be little to gain if you dont. Dyslexia is a pain at times, no matter how many times i read something, sometimes i still cant read or understand it right. My mind replaces words with other words or letters. But it is what it is. Thanks. I fed heavy knowing there was new coco in there. 1700ppm in and 1126 ppm out. The ph out was 5.9. And I just misted the dome of the seedling gsc. the roots were growing through the pot. Man that thing has a lot of roots

5 Likes

If she is big, please don’t transplant. Like any plant, tree or other things that can be transplant the plants can go into shock and die.

They have stuff for like transplanting roses. Maybe there is a product for transplanting a marijuana plant.

Your girls are looking good.

1 Like

To late now but I also would have suggested against transplanting.

If you do autos do a 5gallon and a 7 gallon, so far I’m happy with 5’s now if I was running photos I would probably do a larger pot like a 10 or a 15.

Sorry to hear about the dud, contact ilgm for a replacement.
Plant looks good though so your doing well, how far away is that light?

14 inches

1 Like

If you have some time to kill you should look into DFI and VPD aside from that looking good!

Yeah i have that dialed in ok. The manufacturer suggests 12 to 16 inches in flower and the plant responds well there. And my VPD stays pretty close. 70ish and 40%rh. Abouts. Thanks

No turning back now. :grin:

Its been 10 hrs since I did it. She looks fine to me. No sagging of any kind. She seems happy, time will tell. I’m not sure you can even call that a transplant, I made sure to be very careful cutting, moving and lifting to only disturb the roots at the very bottom. And then it was very minimal. I have a very curious mind and I guess at the end of the day I wanted to know if it would do any good. I have never seen anyone do this before. Plus the top was hard as a rock and roots were poking through the pot, it seemed the plant was unable to hold much water anymore because of the roots to medium ratio. And i am only able to water once a day and with it being that rooted I believe, she needed watered at least 2 times a day. Now she is holding a lil more water.

you can see my damage from the calmag issue I was having.

2 Likes

Still looking good, you are on the ball

1 Like