Marijuana stocks

Thanks to you all. Looking at EFT: MJ. I agree these times are tough. Gonna add it to my portfolio. You said you did good with Ford stock. Thanks again .
:wink::v::mask::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll catch you again early one morning.

Ya @MidwestGuy annuities are out. Thanks

2 Likes

The ETFs generally track the performance of the industry. MJ is probably fairly well run given its dividend. It’s hard to find dividends in an industry that is young and still wobbly in the legs. Be prepared for volatility. You may lose account value before you ever start making money from it.

That said, dividends are great support for price levels and tend to insulate some of the volatility. It still wouldn’t surprise me to see swings of up to 20% day-to-day. I’m not in them because I don’t have the stomach for that kind of risk.

Be careful and happy trading.

2 Likes

Hi. @dbrn32 just looking for something to start my portfolio. I agree, this is a very volatile time . Got in on Canopy Growth for now. What do you think? Thanks again you guys. Love this forum.:wink::v::mask::sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

I bought some SNDL when it was .23 a share about a month ago and it has been rising ever since now at 1.19 a share but I have no idea WTH I am doing just trying to get the hang of it. I also have some APHA shares as well. Again I have ZERO experience but seeing what I can learn lol.

2 Likes

Like fixerpower said, they are among biggest names in industry. In my opinion when trading you just need to decide up front if you are in something short or long. If you are buying for long term investment, don’t fret over day to day swings. If you are specifically trading for small short term gains, then set your goals and stick to them.

Just remember that there’s hundreds of people who lose their money for every investor turned millionaire overnight. You don’t need to be in either of those categories. I’m not sure what platform you’re trading on, but a lot of them have simulators. Spending some time with funny money usually benefits most newer investors.

2 Likes

Paper trading is an awesome way to start.

2 Likes

Hey I’m interested and have for a couple years of IIPR a REIT that buys and leases property for cultivation average leases are 15 years. And Aphria who I’ve had since it was in a down at 3.40 now way up over 16.00 :wink::thinking:

4 Likes

The REITs have been doing very well.

2 Likes

Wow! APHA made a 40% move these last couple of days.

2 Likes

230%

2 Likes

So who made money on game stop sham lol

1 Like

Cannabis stocks are on fire today. TLRY up 39%, CGC up 8%, APHA up 24%, and CRON up 8.5%.

5 Likes

What’s your opinion on what’s driving them up.

Probably me not buying them. If I buy a stock it’s gonna go down. Thats why I use an adviser group. They are fiduciary so it’s like watching the grass grow but easier on my stomach.

1 Like

Supply-demand imbalances is the reason. I haven’t looked into it but I expect the democrat administration and democrat Congress is at least part of it since we may be looking at Federal legalization. The bull run in the cannabis stocks started right after the election. The Redditers may be going after the cannabis stocks too, but that is pure speculation on my part due to the extent of the moves. 40% in ANY stock in a singe day is massive.

I won’t trade them either. I don’t have the stomach for the risk that needs to be taken.

3 Likes

Sounds reasonable to me definitely is worth taking a look at the next few weeks to see what happens.

I’m not sure that I would chase these stocks. It’s a dangerous game. If I were holding TLRY over a 40% pop, then I would sell it.

3 Likes

Yeah sometimes the way I look at it forever winner there has to be a loser somewhere.

1 Like