Looking at getting some new lights

i think you can light your space from seed to harvest with 3-4 of these.

but i think youll need to do more work and possibly get some parts

1 Like

or 6-8 of these

and this kit comes with all the parts

1 Like

2ā€™x4ā€™ strip of the sunā€¦lol

2 Likes

can you estimate parts and cost to build equivalent strip from lights to flower 80 sqft in 8ftx10ft for our fellow grower?

1 Like

@bige what size canopy do you feel your 2x4 light can take to harvest?

1 Like

4ā€™by6ā€™ easy i have a extra plant flowering to the side, and it is a good 2ā€™ away from being under the light itself.
my grow space is 6ā€™ wide by 18ā€™ long and i believe 4 lights would cover it with room to move about someā€¦
with these autopots that is a light a plantā€¦lol

so this grower can use 4 of your light setups for his 8x10 growā€¦ how much does one of ur setups cost?

1 Like

there you have some options @QtPatooty

i built these specific for my room,there are other sizes of stripsā€¦280mm,560mm,1120mm is what i have.
i have 2 hlg185-1050ma drivers running 4 1120mm bridgelux strips which are gen2 on this lightā€¦ purchased from arrow electronics.
the thermal tape, hook up wire ,and connectors from amazonā€¦
the aluminum plate was picked up at local salvage yardā€¦paid by the pound.
all were purchased early this year. i would say you could build one around 300$
to be safeā€¦
check out my thread ā€¦[quote=ā€œBIGE, post:29, topic:24834, full:trueā€]
i built these specific for my room,there are other sizes of stripsā€¦280mm,560mm,1120mm is what i have.
i have 2 hlg185-1050ma drivers running 4 1120mm bridgelux strips which are gen2 on this lightā€¦ purchased from arrow electronics.
to be safeā€¦
[/quote]

[quote=ā€œBIGE, post:29, topic:24834, full:trueā€]
to be safeā€¦

[quote=ā€œBIGE, post:29, topic:24834, full:trueā€]
to be safeā€¦

not sure what happened thereā€¦lol
i hope you,and our friend get the picture @basementstealth

Sorry I am back grandma is in hospital and family is asking me to take her in. Anyway back to the lights. I would love to do the diy for around 300.00 if I can. My dad could put them together for me. I could probably only start with 2 plus my 2 burples for now. I sure am glad you guys know what your talking about and appreciate your efforts in helping. I know itā€™s what yaā€™ll do.:relaxed:

2 Likes

sorry to hear about g-ma @QtPatooty

Thanks @BIGE she is 91 just that age.

1 Like

my gmother passed a few years back with alzā€¦i cared for her in her final years,and i know it is not easyā€¦

@QtPatooty sorry about ur grandmaā€¦

have u caught up with the thread. do you have a plan now or more questions?

check out the diy network with https://ilgmforum.com/t/lets-talk-diy-lights/13186@dbrn32

Thanks! I am hoping to get 2 lights like @BIGE and have my dad put them together for me. It might be 2 weeks before I can get everything ordered but I wanted to be prepared for what kind I was going to get and costs involved. I have quite a few babies and am going to have to move them in the next 2 weeks to the new grow room. But thank you guys for support. I am going to get an list of all the stuff I will need and have yaā€™ll check it out and make sure I get everything I need if thatā€™s ok.

1 Like

I started reading on that last night. I did see quite a few options. But I love your 2x4 and the diy aspect as well as costs involved.

2 Likes

Yup they are SUPER easy and beyond efficient. I think ledgardner dot com has some wuick reading material if u wanna get another look at the basics. When db gets back heā€™ll be more help then us. Ur going. For $300 so ull get ~300w maybe a bit less. But if u can go take a look at that site. He breaks down which builds cover what type of spaces and DB can help u source parts.

Ok thanks @PurpNGold74. I will check it out.:wink:

1 Like