Light colored leaves in fox farm soil, water only grow

I haven’t used fox farm sledgehammer myself but one thing I have seen come up often is whether you should let the sledgehammer solution sit in the soil or flush it back out immediately after. According to fox farm you do not have to. However, many growers have had problems with using it this way and some suggest to do the first half of the flush with sledgehammer then followup up with straight water. Many people have seen their plants get fucked up immediately after using sledgehammer so I am hesitant to use it. I suspect that what happens is if the soil has alot of salt buildup and fertilizer deposits, the saponins in sledgehammer cause alot of those sitting nutes to be released - if there is alot of buildup then this can “fry” the plant. That seems to be what happens but I could be wrong.

1 Like

I just used plain water to flush and got my ph back in range, then flushed with my ff nute solution checking ppm until I was back in range. Numbers are good now and keeping my eye on new growth as well as checking runoff. I’m keeping ppm around 900ish in and out.

1 Like

@OGIncognito i feel like I’m losing this battle. Is it possible I need to increase my ppm above 900ish. I’m lost. I have doubts I can get it through the next 30 days.

It looks like shit compared to my dwc hydro.

1 Like

What was the last run off PH :love_you_gesture:

The last ph yesterday was 6.1. I flushed back to 6.5.
Thedwc seems to be the easiest way for me, so I’m gonna try my best to get the soil plant to the finish line. Im about 8 weeks now. After that I’m gonna build a second 3 stage dwc and stick with that, unless I’m planning on going into ground around preflower. It’s my first dwc and im very happy with it.

1 Like