Journal @ Scott62

We did almost just that on a handful of plants this year, made a “raised bed” of old tree branches qnd the ground as the bottom, putnin 10 inches of compost and old soil, planted in a bunche of veggies and a canna plant!

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410

Amazing!! Thanks so much !

1 Like

Actually went 21 days before it wilted.
Wet the soil, planted the seed after soaking overnight, and did not water at all for 3 weeks.
This is Day 21

It looked fine for the first 2 weeks but then its growth slowed down and it looked ok for another week until it wilted like this. Like I have said in other threads I dont recommend this for plant you want to keep, but you should not worry about a seedling dying from lack of water from skipping a few days.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I water seedlings, less, now.
“Atmospheric River” upon us.
No watering the outdoor plants, today.

2 Likes

Afternoon. Thought I would get your opinion on container size for transplant. They’re not autos so I had considered goin to 3 gal bag after this stage and then into 10 or 20. Some had mentioned going straight to the 10 and I thought I would get your opinion

Removing fan leaves slows growth.
Up-planting to larger pot, slows growth, initially.
Too much stress may cause nanners or Hemi action.
Better to delay up-planting than multiple stress actions.
In my opinion.
Unless you choose “condo” style (stack 3gal on 10 gal)

5-gal cloth bag resides in/on tote

Did you say ultimately you will grow these outside?
I would go at least 10 outside
You can start with 3 and then just set it into a 10 or 20. Roots will grow through a grow bag with no transplant shock…

3 Likes

And that’s all you have to do :point_up: So simple.

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE
I’ve got 28 lookin good today I had them outside a bit.
-I can go directly to big bags if that’s the best as opposed to the condo effect. (3’s placed in 20’s)
-this is what I have available -I have 10 -30’s, 10-20’s and 16-10’s as well as 36 or so 3’s
Seriously WHATEVER IS BEST I value your opinions!!
Question 2 LOL
-I’ve got
these all in happy frog atm and have a few bags of that. But was considering using FFOF with the happy frog.
Suggestions here ? And thanks all !!

1 Like

I wish to defer to more experienced outdoor growers.
Hernia repair surgery limits me to 5-gal bags.
The other 7-surgeries did not help me either.
10-gals are not good for me.
So I can condo building, 3/5 into 10s or totes, but no moving.
Second question answer:
I use FFOF and still have issues with being too heavy.
Remains too wet for me.
I mix soil ingredients and then PH a slurry.
Tonight I did my first run-off testing on the indoor flower lady.
My outdoor concealed grow space will not handle large plants.
My neighbors will be moving, soon and somebody will be new.
I am trying to reduce my grow workload and handle other issues.
Experimenting, hell no, like “Gallager” “full scale research”.
Happy Frog with OF should be good, if you control the water, PH, and PPM routine.

2 Likes

Evening, I still haven’t decided on bag size etc. the information here is amazing!! Appreciate it @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Spiney_norman
I’m at like day 11 still in these 3.5 “ containers.
What’s the determining factor on when I need to get them out of this first container?
Here’s today

With the healthy growth you have I would transplant around the two week mark. You might be able to push that a bit longer but I would try to transplant very soon before and not wait till three weeks. By three weeks they will be circling roots in those pots.
They look really good and happy. The plants I posted a pic of around post #26 in this thread were 11 days old and I transplanted a day or two after the two week mark. Just flipped a couple days ago at the 5 week point. I will get some pics later and post them.

1 Like

Thank you ! Same process on transplant into the happy frog ?

• wet soil till damp ?
  • should these go down to the first leaves ?
1 Like

Yes, It works great

2 Likes

@Storm @Borderryan22 @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Riskguy
Day 14 still not done getting them all out but wanted to say thanks for all the assistance
Greatly appreciated

4 Likes

Looking great. lots of work there.
Good growing to you.

3 Likes

Looking good. Nice work.

2 Likes

Those are some fine looking ladies you got there!!! Can’t wait to see them boom!!!

2 Likes

They look great…gonna be awesome in August.