Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

I didn’t really come up with it per say. I was just having talks with the breeder of High Rule Genetics and I just started doing it. The colors that come out in the plants every time are crazy too.

No I’m just taking tap water and increasing the ph to 12 then feeding like normal.

Plants can somewhat handle a more acidic environment but they cant handle it or eat whenever it’s more alkaline

2 Likes

How many water flushes should be done before harvest to give her a good flush?
Example if I’m ready to harvest should I flush once,twice or times before I harvest?

None honestly. It doesnt make a difference if you flush or dont flush when speaking about harvesting.

3 Likes

@Nicky I might try it out. We shall see

@imSICKkid This is all great information you’re giving us here. I love it. Thanks so much man. I’ll be picking your brain more maybe later tonight if that’s cool with you.

1 Like

So no need for flush a week or so before harvest?
Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly
So no flush needed before harvest correct?
Thanks for all the info

It [flushing] doesn’t seem to cause harm, but it doesn’t do what many growers believe it does. What do you believe it accomplishes? Not judging, just trying to pull a thread.

@Sincitytoker there is no agreement between growers if flushing is worth it or not. That’s the summary lol.

@KeystoneCops your question I take it is directed at @imSICKkid

1 Like

No. I’m asking SinCity.

Is your friend growing in pots? With fertilizers? That may be why his dope tastes harsh?

Flushing is biologically not a thing. Plants dont work that way. They simply dont take up as much when the end of the road is near. I cant flush or Ill destroy my soil, my weed is amazingly smooth to smoke! Very tasty and gets you super stoned. Some growers simply stop using noots for the last week or so, but remember… in nature cannabis is not denied access to noots, it just stops feeding like a dying animal or a passing human… they simply stop eating and die. I personally believe, terpines have a lot to do with genetics and environmental factors while growing. Maintaining those terpines is done in the drying and curing phase, perhaps the most important part of cannabis cultivation? You can definately make or break your dope in this phase.

1 Like

He believes the misconception because there is no proof either side

Well this is my first grow and from what I have read you flush so your buds have a better taste
But this is my first grow and don’t know much
That’s why I ask a lot of questions

3 Likes

We all learn by asking and getting your hands dirty we all had same questions in the begining … your questions are valid every one is striving for supreme smoke so you have hit the fork where feild experience and a lil insight will get you to your preferred technique start to finish…I personally have done both and can’t tell difference I’ve noticed more definitive results with your drying times and curing methods compared to flush results …my organic line actually calls for a reduced feed for last week up to chop kinda hard to see but you can see last line week 8 says flush 2 2 2

But week before it was up around 0. 4 .11 .10 .ect

2 Likes

Nope thats fine… many folks believe it makes a difference. The term ( flush ) is a bit misleading though. To flush your medium means to use 3 times the volume of the containers worth of water and slowly wash the salts out, it is typically done when salt levels are too high or way outbof balance. It is NOT what I would do to a flowering plant if I want max terpines.

1 Like

Great advice fellas
Taking lots of notes

@imSICKkid Since your’e experienced with Jacks 321, you suggest I cut jacks 321 2 weeks before harvest and go water only at 12 pH?

Thank you all for this great debate. Please lets have more of them

@Sincitytoker Never stop asking questions! :smiley:

2 Likes

Some thing to think about if you are going to re use your coco is to flush. It will cut the nutes down to a good level for when you re use. I also had seen the studies and read a lot about flushing. I figure there must be a little some thing to it since @Myfriendis410 was able to tell which plants I had flushed and which were not with out warning him first. So since then. I have gave a 1 week flush for what I do.

1 Like

Taste or…?

1 Like

I am not sure. I know it was smoother. I will have to let him answer that.