Is anyone familiar with Nova Scotia fisheries regulations

For the last three or more weeks we have been smelling a very pungent rotten meat smell most days when windows are open. After investigation yesterday since it wasn’t going away we found the source , the neighbor is a lobster fisherman and has been dumping his nasty water from his bait all around his property that is less than 40 ft from my bedroom window. We went over to talk to him but I don’t think he’s giving any kind of concern to it. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to dump commercial waste in a subdivision like that. It’s bad enough to make you wretch especially in the morning. I don’t want to cause any hefty fines or loss of license for him but I can smell that nastiness even with the windows closed if it’s hot enough , wakes me up like 10 times a night oi

I’m curious if any has any clue if this is legal or not , the funny part is buddy smokes hash every now and then. He only started doing this after another neighbor was chatting with him about how strong the smell was getting.

He dumps the waste water all along the edge of my property

1 Like

Damn brother. That’s nasty. Specially with the heat.

1 Like

It’s definitely got to be addressed , worst part is I bet the other neighbors think it’s me fertilizing the yard or garden or composting stuff

1 Like

After the attempted raid last year no one is going to want to address it if they think it’s me. I made it clear that I would be pressing charges next time anyone tried anything like that.

1 Like

Only good part of the story I actually talk with all the other neighbors well the British fella stopped being friendly but his wife was the cause of the “raid” last yr so I know they think it’s us

1 Like

Maybe he will do another public inquiry lol , would actually appreciate it :wink:

1 Like

Maybe check with the dept of health.
Can’t be good for any kids playing around either.

2 Likes

Good idea there are kids within feet of where he dumps

1 Like

Just went to go for a trip to the store and surprise someone let the air out one of my tires

1 Like

I thought I had a bad neighbor because he runs his leaf blower 3 or 4 times a day…seems small compared to what you got going on

2 Likes

He cleaned it up yesterday with a fresh 4" layer of gravel after he dumped a dozen bottles of bleach on the area lol. Grass is super brown today tho lol. It’s right up against the brook that separates the property’s

3 Likes