In need of expert on lighting help

Worm casting is just worm poo. I have not used it. If you’re using a nutrient schedule, follow that.

I currently grow in Fox Farm Happy Frog or Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and I use Fox Farm Bottled Nutrients. I’ve had good results.

But. I’m going to try a more organic route. If you look under the soil building section of the forum you’ll see some discussions.

Let me know what Route you go and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction

1 Like

That light will grow some bud… you’ll like it for sure… I have 5 quantum boards… Super dank… buds will love ya

2 Likes

ya im using ffof soil with about 20% of a raised bed organic soil has lots of micronutrients and using all fox farms nutes. i was just wondering about worm casting ive also seen a lot of people using molasses and teas im unsure what they all do but its interesting to see and read. Im just trying to get the best yield/results im gonna try soon banana kush for a grow real soon supposedly up to 17oz yield :crazy_face: that would be awesome but im definitely getting new light 1st and have to check on that plants actual full grown size…dont want it busting thru my tent…lolol

I grow in FFOF but I add about 20% perlite and 20% worm castings.

The perlite is to improve drainage and the worm castings are to bump the nutrient level back up after adding the perlite.

I think my results are good at about 1# per plant in 10 gallon fabric pots under LEDs.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some great pictures of banana kush. Good luck!

If you’re using the fox farm schedule you probably won’t need much more than that. If you’re running RO water you look need to add some Cal-Mag. Also, a Silica amendment will help strengthen the plant stalks.

Also, I burnt the heck out of my plants using fax farm’s schedule on the last grow. I’m only feeding about 40% of Fox Farm’s schedule on my current grow. So far so good.

The teas and other other top feed stuff are for more of the organic grower. I’m going to give the organic approach to a Sour Diesel Auto I just germinated. I’ll post updates in my grow journal.

1 Like

Very Impressive.

Do you feed throughout the grow? How long do you Veg?

I should probably just see if you have a journal…

Up till my last grow I was feeding FF Trio plus FF bloom nutrients…I have switched to Roots Organics. I do feed throughout the grow but not until they go into the full sized pots.

I veg for 45 to 50 days and my ppfd is about 900+ uMoles/sec/m^2 throughout as well. I target about 45 moles per day DLI.

Here is a link to my journal(covers several grows over a couple of years):

ya i think this is what’s causing my ww’s to get burn also im currently using about 3/4 of recommended dose but I’m going to cut it back on next feed also silica? what is this? i thought i had all the nutes…THERE I GO THINKING AGAIN EVERYTIME I SCREW MYSELF UP!!..lololol

Just give it a google search “silica for cannabis”

You’ll find a dozen articles. There are a bunch of different brands.

Also, silica isn’t a necessity. You’re fine without it.

Also, I don’t have the bottle right in front of me but I think it’s only used in veg and early flower.

What are you growing now? How far along?

1 Like

ok so the casting what is the price and benefit? the reason is im looking at c.l. and they are offering wrigglers and casting for 20 bucks but i wanted to know what the general price for casting are…i think for 20 buck it should be a whole lot…lol

If I am understanding your question, worm casting cost me $13 for a 20 qt bag, I use most of 2 bags for six plants. My total soil and amendments are about $110 per grow, six plants per grow.

The electricity for growing those six plants runs about $275 +/- per grow so the soil and amendments are small potatoes by comparison.

3 Likes

ok got ya have u ever used this stuff im going to try it on my #3 just poking her head above ground today.

1 Like

I use a similar product when transplanting.

Only twice per grow.

1 Like

well typically i only grow 2 at a time and they are offset so when 1 is ready for harvest the next is like 5 weeks behind. but lately im getting into this so much im rethinking my 20x15 room… :wink: but have to be careful in a forfeiture state. DONT NEED THAT!! but if i bought a bag of casting the benefits are good? and do u just add some or a certain amount i have been growing in 5 gal buckets i may change to the bags soon but trying not to spend my food budget here…lol

ya its just a 1x shot but is it worth it? also and (i know i will take some flack for this but i never transplant as soon as she germinates straight into the 5 gallon bucket…the reason every time i have ever tried to transplant anything it dies :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

For sure worth it.

1 Like

You are in good hands man. Plus you finding this site is a god sent. (Is that how you spell it) lol you are off to a way better start then I was. There’s always something to buy but you nailing the lights pays off in the end. I bought 2 lights about $500 before coming this here site and now they sit ins drawer. LoL also the ff soil should get you along pretty far before she asks for nitrogen/nutes. Your doing it right though man. Your gonna have plenty of pot to grow so get a grow or 2 down and then worry about playing with nutes and this and that. What works for one may not you but get the jest of it and make sure you’re gonna stick with it…

1 Like

But he couldn’t tell you which cobs he was using? Sounds suspicious to me.

2 Likes

So four $20 cobs, a $50 driver, and he probably gets those pc coolers under $10 each. Frame, wire, and connectors cost money, but not a lot. Definitely less than $200.

The cxm-22 is a good cob, but they are not as efficient as name brand nid power pcb’s.

My head didn’t explode reading that. The driver is capable of creating overvoltage situation on cobs and they usually have higher current than listed on nameplate. Anyone familiar with this style of driver could verify this.

Did you happen to ask him what happens when one of those fans fail? I would be curious to his answer. The heatsinks aren’t large enough to cool the cobs without the fans at that power level. So a cob will burn up. Then the driver will try to put all of that current to the remaining 3 cobs, which will make them run hotter. Probably unlikely on that small of driver, but could open the door to a thermal runaway condition. That is how people burn houses down with their led projects. Also the reason you see most people use constant current drivers and series wiring.

4 Likes

@merlin44 so u answered a question about casting and this ad say "Organic red wigglers for sale ($20 for 100 or so)
Worm castings, pure, healthy and rich with cocoons for sale ($10/#) what are cocoons? i mean i dont want bugs crawling around my weed I dont know if anyone puts worms in their soil but if they do wouldnt nutes hurt them? or maybe these are for all organic /no nutes? just curious is all

1 Like