ILGM AK-47 fems ScrOG

The 2 1000w lights sound a little close at 14", but I could be wrong. I would jist do like you said and keep a watchful eye on them. They look great from what I can tell.

I only went that low because I used the veg setting and blue is a cool color. Iā€™ll check in before bed tonight. My wife is doing foliar duty tonight after lights out at 2am. I work from home tomorrow, so I can babysit. By lights out tomorrow night, I should know if theyā€™re too close I think.

1 Like

Sounds like you got this brother. Followin along of ya donā€™t mind

1 Like

@Dieselgrower all are welcome, but I am a sister, not a brother. I know it throws people off because I mention ā€œmy wifeā€. I forget that sometimes.

7 Likes

Haha I apologize sister. Itā€™s all good.

1 Like

My wife throws me out is that the same thing.

1 Like

Day 68 - Veg Day 50 (wk 8 d 1)

FINALLY the day arrived for the 2 big girls (H16 and Mills nutes).

How long before the net is 50-75%? Who knows, but at least itā€™s started now. I was skeptical on those blue veg lights, but the ladies absolutely love it. I set the height 14ā€ above the net for now.

The short girls (GH and NftG nutes), Iā€™ll get pic of when I go down to water in awhile. Theyā€™re still too short, but super healthy and super bushy. Theyā€™re getting taller too, but very slowly. I estimate at least 2 weeks behind the other 2. Weā€™re talking a projected 10-11 week veg at least. F-word f-word f-word!

On the job front, weā€™ve officially closed. Iā€™m still on salary until we get all the data shipped out and final state audits blah blah. Probably another week or so. I have a couple hot prospects though and they know theyā€™ll have to move fast or someone else will. Sr DBAā€™s with 20+ yrs experience donā€™t sit on the bench long. Iā€™ll probably even make around 10-15k more in the private sector vs what I make now, but Iā€™d stay where Iā€™m at in a heartbeat if I could. I love my job, my co-workers, the work I get to do, the freedom I have, the list goes on. The things money canā€™t buy. Iā€™m heartbroken. And I canā€™t even smoke my sorrows away. Shitā€™s gettin real!

8 Likes

Looking great bunny. Canā€™t wait to see the tent full of beautiful buds

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the job. Hard to leave good company and coworkers, but 10-15k extra a year isnā€™t a bad severance! Plus you have your girls and looks like they are taking off!

2 Likes

General Hydroponics

Nectar for the Gods

Anyone have advice on what I should try to get these ladies taller? Theyā€™ve been under the 1500w for over a week now. I have it at 22ā€. I had it at 18ā€, but got paranoid about burn, so I moved it up to about 26ā€ and gradually moved it down about an inch a day to break them into the increase from 600 to 1500. I also wanted to see the different reactions. They just wonā€™t grow taller - only fuller.

The GH had a nute issue for about a minute and ended up with a few burnt tips a few weeks back. I flushed her out and re-introduced weaker nute levels and she bounced right back. I mean the whole incident took place and resolved within 2-3 days. My question is should I clip those burnt tips off or just continue to ignore them?

Now the big girls -
Heavy16

Mills

Even though Iā€™ve watched probably over 100 hrs of scrog vids on YouTube, I feel like an idiot on the topic. Do I let everything grow straight up through and then weave, or should I sprawl and control how they come up through in the 1st place?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Tylan @Screwauger @GreenThunder @kabongster @SmoknGranny

8 Likes

More tags
@Bogleg @Dieselgrower @Willd @DieHigh55 @BIGE @AnneBonny @Myfriendis410 @daz49 @MattyBear @Rexx

1 Like

Iā€™m no expert - Iā€™m on my first SCROG grow. Until they started budding I just tried to tuck everything back under the net. I normally tried to wait until I saw 5-6" sticking up above the net, then I tucked it back under using super cropping or LST as needed. When I could tuck to the next square over, I did.

3 Likes

Most of the leaves I see are healthy. I would leave them. Thatā€™s how your plant processes energy, through leaves. You can take a few off here and there to expose the lower sites and branches if you want. You could possibly raise the light and keep an eye out to see how much they are reaching.

1 Like

Total bummer on the job, hopefully works out for the best.

Do those lights have switchable veg flower spectrums? Adding some red and raising lights should get them to stretch out a bit.

1 Like

FYI I dunno if you saw on the other thread @muffybunny but I put my first screen only 9" over the top of my totes - my GL was super low and wide too.

2 Likes

I had the light as high as I could get it and they didnā€™t react. Think I should go back to the 600w to get through veg? It seemed too weak. Thatā€™s what I used the 1st 6 weeks, again trying varying heights. If I suggest buying yet another light, it may have consequences. Lol

1 Like

Raise light a little more that should help with the streach
@kabongster uses thise nutrients

4 Likes

Are you using an led now? If so Iā€™ve found them to have less node spacing and they never elongate as they do under hidā€™s. If that makes sense

2 Likes

Another light change optionā€¦ Clearly the big tent is going to flower before the little one. When I flip to bloom lighting, I could put the 1500 in the big tent and move one of the 1000ā€™s to the small tent with that lovely blue light the bigger plants seem to love and see if that makes them happy. The 1500 doesnā€™t have veg (blue) & bloom (red) options, just on (red) & off. Thatā€™s why Iā€™d wait for the flip to swap them out.

With this option though, Iā€™d have to consider that the big tent would be running 2 different wattages, 1500 & 1000 throughout flower then. Iā€™d have to make a choice on which plant gets a little less.

Yes! Hahaha!

You will weave branches, lay branches flat and poke others straight through. It will take a few weeks for everything to settle down. Technically youā€™re supposed to lay everything flat.

3 Likes