I need some lights guys!

Has anyone used the FOHSE lights or heard of them?! Ive had my eye on the hlg blackbird its seema like itd be perfect for a full cycle 4x4 and then i got ahold of the website for fohse and their stuff lookings pretty damn wild.

2 Likes

I would stick with lights built with LM301 diodes.

4 Likes

I would be leary. I could dig deeper, but no where on the website does it give any specific info. Just a bunch of word salad and the first thing I noticed is “The most powerful LED in the World PERIOD!” But then shows the 2.8 umols. My light by HLG has 3.2 umols so right there tells you the previous statement was a lie. Do you know what diodes they are using? Still trying to see what kind of true wattage they offer. Cannot find it, another red flag.

Here are the features but doesn’t say which Samsung diodes they are using. Could be a great light.
Features:

• Light source - Samsung LEDs
  • PPF - 4,800 μMol/s
  • Fixture Efficacy (100%-50% power) - 3.2-3.4 μMol/J
  • Input power - 1,500W What is the output?
  • Input voltage - Options up to 480V
  • Fixture dimensions - 42.28L x 42.5W x 4H in
  • Weight - 70 lbs
  • Thermal management - Passive
  • Maximum Ambient Operating Temp - 100° F (37.8° C)
  • Dimming - 30%
  • Lens angle - 90°
  • CRI - 92
  • Control interface - Wall-mounted OLED panel
  • L90 - 50,000 hours
  • Power supply rating - 100,000 hours
  • Certifications - ETL, IP67, CE
  • Communication protocol - RS485, 0-10V w/Converter, or Ethernet w/Converter
  • Mounting - Universal Hanging
3 Likes

@Bonjoyle @MidwestGuy they only had a pdf that they emailed and this is what i pulled

1 Like

I see red flags and would avoid FOHSE. Their claims about wattage is inconsistent in their own material (this is unfortunately a very common scam among low-end light makers where they get creative with power calculations,) “powerful” diodes that are only 2.8 umols, Sanan diodes (which are old technology,) and so on. If they will lie about these things, then there’s no telling what else they may be lying about.

Stick with lighting made with Samsung LM301 diodes and you can’t go wrong with the exception of KINGLed, who claim to use LM301 diodes but actually do not. Spider Farmer, HLG, and AC Infinity all make good lights. FOHSE is a Chinese copycat light.

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy awesome man thankyou so much! By the way im a midwestern myself :rofl: ill just keep shooting for the blackbird!

3 Likes

I have a spider farmer se 3000.
I love it!

2 Likes

Uploading: IMG_1127.png…
Uploading: IMG_1087.png…

Uploading: IMG_0936.png…
Uploading: IMG_0937.png…
I got 400watt aglex and covers 4x4 good veg is awesome no stretch nodes are basically touching and can’t beat the price

1 Like

Won’t let me upload pics put buds nice and dense

1 Like

3 Likes

I have the HLG Blackbird stuffed in my 3x3 for flowering. Absolutely love it! Haven’t had a single problem with it in 3ish+ years now. Also haven’t turned it all the way up either as it’s designed to flower a 4x4 and have no doubts about that claim.

4 Likes

FOHSE is a relatively high-end brand in the horticultural lighting industry, known for producing advanced and powerful LED grow lights. Their products are designed for professional and commercial growers, offering high light output and efficiency. However, they tend to be on the pricier side compared to other brands.

The HLG Blackbird is also a highly regarded light, particularly for home growers. It’s known for its efficiency, full-spectrum output, and affordability relative to its performance. Many growers find it ideal for a 4x4 tent, covering both the vegetative and flowering stages effectively.

Im gonna reach back out to you guys. Its so hard to make a decision. Ive been lookong into the smart system so i can control everything since i work far away from home everyday. I know vivosun ac infinity, i believe spyder farmer does and mars hydro. I have and older mars hydro light and ive had nothing but great results with it. Does anyone know if HLG offers anything like that and any other LED companies. Please fove me all your opinions. @DoneDeal @OGIncognito @MidwestGuy @Bonjoyle @Low @Borderryan22 @Jaysittinback i may have missed some of my followees

3 Likes

Heyyy thanks but you’re ahead of me in that department. I have no idea but otherwise a good list of growers you tagged. Smoke weed all day growmie!

3 Likes

To have a fully automated system your best bet will be AC infinity. Honestly they seem expensive but realistically probably has the cheapest digital ecosystem on the market with a large amount of accessories. Similar controllers can get much more expensive and then the compatible parts can easily get you into multiple thousands of dollars range. The cheaper controllers may work but research reviews, available accessories, and what exactly you are looking to control.

Non ac branded lights don’t directly work with the controllers and require additional wiring or adapters. But there are alternatives to ac infinity controllers, but again likely at least double the cost, and components that work with them even more so.

If you are looking into controlling nutrients look into Growee they seem to have the best bang for the buck, but I know nothing of their customer service.

For more DIY I think @merlin44 @TMC.PRE might have some insight

6 Likes

@Low thankyou! Ive been lookong hard into AC infinity the past couple weeks they only rhingnim really worried about is the lights,inline fan,clip fans and of course humidity control. I manually water. Im finding the coco and jacks is jonestly the way to go in my opinion and im only almost a month into veg. I think im heading in the right direction :melting_face::hugs:

2 Likes

Coco is def my go to, been having some weird issues with jacks the last 6 months, other than that it performs well. :call_me_hand:t3:

Ac infinity has support for all of those controls, and work in conjunction with each other. I don’t use the system but it looks pretty awesome. More recently they came out with, what appears to be a portable mini split. Heating, cooling, dehumidifying.

2 Likes

Uh oh what jacks issues have you been running into? And looking at all there stuff it seems quality to me. And what an ordeal that could be a crop saver in the future! Im about to look im curious about it being “portable”

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Bakethat747 I’m team AC Infinity all day!! I heard a lot of good stuff about them and figured if I use them and couldn’t do it it meant whatever went wrong was my fault. @Low has you covered on the rest cuz he’s awesome like that!!!

3 Likes