This one has been pretty popular around the forum. Can get down into the low $20’s from time to time depending on color. Works great with my old Galaxy S7. Couple it with a cheap microphone stand for hands free steadiness.
I purchased a usb microscope a while back but honestly have been a little frustrated with it…although to be fair i’ve set it on my camera tripod as close as i could get it to the plant and never got decent pics. I snipped a very small piece this morning and used the stand that came with it on a desk so there was no movement and got a fairly decent pic…and mine does NOT look like yours lol…so the answer is have patience and let’s wait with her a little bit longer
thanks man, i appreciate the advice and LOVE your pic!!!
That’s the one and spares are cheap too.
- shipped microscope may have “lens protection cap” needing removal during use.
2.USB dongle probably requires adapter (USB/C) for connection to phone for use
I snip microscope candidate and use computer USB connection for viewing. visually sensitive to focus on specific areas. Often half the viewed area is out of focus as specific area becomes tightly focused.
1600X microscope is difficult to focus, even when using stand.
Millimeter movement resembles California earthquake when viewing.
Just love looking, too.
Thanks man! I do agree, it would suck to chop it and then think shoot, I should have waited! Patience is tough at this point lol.
I just use the included wifi to connect to my phone. No cables.
And yeh, I forget to take the cap off on occasion
Thanks for the example…that’s very similar to the one I have…just need to get a little more familiar with how to focus and all I think
It is kind of an art to use it. I’m still practicing myself, and find it’s getting easier the more I do it.
It is definitely an art! Since I’m not having to check trics right now, I’m using it to try and focus in on agates, rocks, and coins to try and get more used to it and become somewhat competent with it.
As I was practicing microscope use, guess what I found
What is that thing??? A spider? Flea? Lice?
Damn DDD you can’t a break from them nasty bastards.
Aphids, he has had a bad infestion recently
Not all days are bad.
These just arrived.
Gonna burn down the Aphid invasion, sooner than these germinate.
Some days hurt and some days become an opportunity to smile.
USPS lost these cause the AI scanner got confused with Ln, abbrev for Lane
weekend delay as it shipped somewhere and back.
we only fail, when we quit.
Living for another day works as does, painful learning lessons.
I shared my issue and Forum contributors nailed the support I needed for resolving this bug issue. Re-veging some outdoor plants likely caused the invasion.
we only fail, when we quit.
Lessons learned on forum and shared on multiple threads,
USB microscope camera does more than just check trichomes.
While I love bud porn, i am still sick of the bug images.
I got more, looking worse, too.
Invasion, not just one bug.
Hopefully, just one or two plants
Bugs suck !!! Anytime we bring anything into the growroom it’s a chance for the bast##ds to show up…same thing happened to me 2 monthes ago when outside came inside…been working to eradicate ever since…thought I had taken the necessary preventative measures…oops…Happy Growing
Solid advice TMC!!! I’m absolutely going to follow this on my next grow. What were you pHing your water going in? My tap comes out about 7.8. Was planning on getting it down to 6.5-6.8. Or should I go lower? I have been taking a survey of this from a bunch of folks, lol, my first grow got me super paranoid about nutrient lockout from improper pH.
Not necessary if run-off is in same rage.
Nobody fails growing unless they quit.
Growing is easy but often it is not, as problems come home.
Lessons learned are often painful.
i use 3-PH pens and 2-PPM pens.
Cheap PH pens are the cause of my lock-out summer 2022.
Apera (s) working great and calibrate easily (monthly maintenance).
Fresh batteries, priceless.
I was using a vivosun pH pen on my first grow … I just got an Apera60 last week. Love it. I did a a slurry test on the soil I have that I will be using for the transplant. It was around 5.5-5.8 (taken over time). I will be doing one last slurry test just before transplant and go from there.