Hershy's Coco Scrogs

How often do you have to fill the ac infinity bases when the girls start stretching?

2 Likes

i dont fill the bases to start with. I top water and use those basess as a runoff tray.
The crazy thing that i discovered one day, is that i can run the wicks and have the plant drink up all the runoff using the wicks.
So, when the runoff trays get empty, that tells me that they gotta be watered, because they drank up all that runoff.
I think the best part is that all the salt from the runoff actually stays in the bases as the wicks suck up the runoff water again. At the end of the grow, all the salt will make a layer or two on the bottom of the bases.

pros;
No salt buildup
No wasted water
I can water coco less often (every 2-3 days) and it stays wet 99%-100% of the time.

To answer your question, i water the plants every 2-3 days, or whenever the bins go empty.
during flip, it will probably be watered every day an a half - 2 days, for a few weeks, than it slows down again to every 2-3 days till the end.

3 Likes

I had no idea. Thats pretty awesome method. Thanks. I was curious because my girls in the autopots drink a lot.

2 Likes

Hershy420, I’m starting my second grow of RQS Royal Skywalker photo. Both seed germinated and were transplanted within 3 days in your recommended 3 solo cup configuration. I’m again growing in coco with diluted GH Trio nutes. I do not want to replicate my noob error of over watering and need your advice. I’m watering 5 ML every two days as the soil felt slightly moist. I’d like to know how much I can water and how often. Both plants have a vented humidity domes. Both domes contain condensate with vents open. I’m running them on a 20/4 schedule.

Any advice would be appreciated.

3 Likes

i would remove any domes when they get leafs.
like the picture ur showing here for example, i wouldnt have any humidity domes. i would keep that lady under some regular lower light, say 250-300 ppfd, just as a normal plant, and probably use a spray bottle to cover the roots with water until it gets a second or 3rd node going, than i would completely soak the coco at that point with runoff

3 Likes

Ok so spray the soil away from the roots until It develops a 2nd or 3rd node then water coco as normal. The plant are in a closet, Temp 78F, RH around 40 to 50. I was using the dome to keep the air moist as recommended by YouTubers. You’re advising to remove the domes and subject them to 50 RH? I trust your brother, but I’m a bit apprehensive due to the dry air. Just asking so I’m clear clear and not fuzzy clear that 70% to 90% RH is no longer needed at this stage.

1 Like

correct :point_up_2: i would suggest more like 50%-65%

i water the roots using a water bottle so i don’t drown it, but i still soak the roots with water.
should be a wet spot right in the middle where the plant is, just wide enough to cover the roots.

and it doesn’t necessarily need to be to the 3rd node, it’s more about just letting the plants roots get just big enough so they cant really drown in coco, than u can just keep it fully soaked all the time.
best way to do that is normally keepin it in the cup for at least a week, than when u transplant it u can just water it like a grown plant by that point.

1 Like

Thank you immensely. Will follow your instruction. You’ve been a great help brother.

1 Like

looks like Alice is takin over the place lol

5 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice…the gnomes hang around Alice!

4 Likes

They’re probably scared of Alice.

2 Likes

I’m scared of Alice at this point lol
lots of work to do

4 Likes

Any thoughts of tossing the plant not doing well then moving the plant at the top left to the bottom left and giving the big girl that whole back right corner and some lol??

2 Likes

wish i could, the pots are basically immobile until the grow is done unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ohh really that cant be hot swapped at all??

2 Likes

not without taking down the net an unhooking the pots, it would be more work than it’s worth i think at this point. i regret the decision of strains in this 3x3 this run, i will probably grow these strains in seperate tents next time.
especially the herijuana i think probably needs it’s own space next time i do that one.

2 Likes

My stoned ass completely over looked the net lmao sorry buddy that is the #1 reason i dont use nets often i personally like being able to move plants around when needed i also usually take my plants in pots out the tent to water

2 Likes

ya, this could be the last net i do.
i decided not to use a net on the new ones in the 4x4 to see how that goes, they are looking good.
might be flippin tonight on everything after a good full trimming

2 Likes

Yeah its just always been more of a inconvenience for me than help impo haha as long as you have a good breeze on the plants that by itself should stiffen up those branches plenty to hold them buds up the 4x4 is looking good man and have you tried leaving all that plant mass on and flipping then trim later about day 20 of flower those extra leafs really help with photosynthesis

2 Likes

I’ll give that a go, i gotta open up the canopy a little so that all the branches get enough light to grow up a little more.
after it grows a little more upwards and fluffs up again, I’ll just leave the leafs alone when i flip this time, probably be another 3 days or so than it’s gonna be go time :timer_clock:

3 Likes