Heres a rare oddity

good morning all. today seems to be the day I have to act on this little guy.

going to transplant to pot today. the small side shoot is being covered by growth of other. plus not really any growth compared to the good side.
anyone agree its time for little one to be pinched? is little one possible slowing growth of good side?

5 Likes

Get another angle to provide light for the “smaller half”. And she looks great btw. She looks like she is ready for a bigger pot too.

1 Like

@patch67 it definitely looks great you could be right, in saying it is dying off it could be wasting some much needed energy to your Plant if you could try and get a clair pic off the top off the plant that you believe is been really in your way, now I can see the difference in the picture, but I never seen or heard off it before I think :thinking: you mite be right you know maybe experiment over and you can move on whichever way you choose to its your beautiful plant I honestly think that you eyes and heart will tell you what to do next, a successful harvest is what you want for sure right, if that’s how you are feeling and you know what will be best for your own plant I would probably do it the same time that you transplant for stress reasons I do hope this helps you and sorry for the late reply suffering with migraine and trying to keep up good luck and keep growing :v:

Nice @patch67 she definitely looks ready for a bigger home :wink:

1 Like

I cant remember who it was but some one posted a similar oddity last year.
Last I saw a picture of It, it was about 3 - 4 inches tall. it wasn’t growing at the same rate as other plants either

sorry about the time to reply. I did take little one out when transplanted. other plant was covering the little one. figured it was time for it to go.

2 Likes

It’s a MONSTA!

2 Likes

Thought you might like this. i started three Banana Kush and for some reason they looked like they were ready to be thrown out. After three weeks I started some Chemdawg but I didn’t give up on the BK. Two of the three were stressed so much they separated like yours did. Here’s the better of the two but all three survived and were put into one gallon pots.

1 Like

That’s a cool looking plant mate class you should have fun with her :+1:

Thank You, I may start a journal on these.

2 Likes

You could call the thread “the banana kush split” :wink:

3 Likes

I like it.

2 Likes

I was at my local grow store and this was at the entrance of the small restaurant next door so I had to fix the sign.

3 Likes

I thought you’d might like an update so here’s a picture taken today. Now is in a 7 gal. pot and I did some serious supper cropping to her also.