Help! Newbie Grow Closet!

No! A big no no! All seedlings and clones can handle cool low wattage lighting that won’t burn them. I’ve tried and failed many tines thing my cheap 45w led grow panel could grow young sprouts. DONT DO IT!! use either cfl. LED Flood or those long fluorescent t5 lights. They generate good light and are a lot more safer than powerful blurple color.

2 Likes

As long as you know what you are doing a more powerful fixture will do just fine. But it’s wasteful of electricity.

I use high powered LED’s for sprouts and never lost one. They are happy as long as I don’t over do it.

1 Like

Good advice thanks. One of my seeds has started to develop a tail so ive planted it is this the right thing to do?

2 Likes

Well, Happy 8 week Birthday! She has really taken off. What do I do next?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Is it time to start flowering?

1 Like

How old is your plant? You want at least one full month of vegetative growth before flowering. That doesn’t include seedling time. But keep in mind, the longer you veg, the better the harvest.

If she’s 8 weeks old, you could flower if you wanted to.

I think they say for photos to switch when the plant is half the size you want the final size to be. I agree with @Drillbit here

1 Like

10 weeks old now. Did she just start flowering on her own???

2 Likes

@Illinois you should Learn about Topping/Pinching Low Stress Training your plant. Google or someone on this chat help him we’re all here to Support one another

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, I will read up on that. For some reason I think this thread has kinda went dead.

1 Like

Looks like she’s flowering to me. This is a photoperiod Northern Lights, right? What is your light schedule?

1 Like

Right… auto or photoperiod? And can u take a pic under natural light?

2 Likes

I’ll get that pic when I can. Here are the seeds. Does the A stand for autoflower? I did not catch that before, and it is not what i ordered.

Yup guessing it does. Autoflower and Feminized

Whelp, mystery is solved. Thanks everyone!

I don’t think you are supposed to post pictures showing other breeders brands in here. :grinning: If she started flowering, which it looks like she may have. Odds are you have an auto. You are in about the right week for them to switch to flower.

3 Likes