Help! I don’t want to start off on a bad foot

@krismwright @HippieRunner1 can you give me some tips and ideas on how to go about growing inside my greenhouse this year?

1 Like

Do not use miracle grow or any other soul that says slow release. It’s no good for the plants.

I would never use miracle grow on my vegetables or MJ. Flowers only!

1 Like

How many cannabis plants will you be growing in the greenhouse again? Will the 10 gallon pots be plastic or fabric?

The plants outside will they be going directly into the ground?

I think you should go full organic this year. :slight_smile: Why wait for 5?

2 Likes

Using 10 gallon fabric pots. Doing 5 runtz inside greenhouse and 5 GG4 outside in my MJ section of my garden. I am not ready to go all organic this year. Just started a compost last fall and it’s so small right now which I am trying to build upon it.

I will be germinating them in small pots inside green house and let them grow a little before putting the GG4 outside.

Updated pics of my green house and MJ garden. I plan on getting the fabric 10 gallon pots in 2 weeks and the ac/heat window unit in 3 weeks. My biggest worry about growing in the greenhouse this summer is it will be hell hot in there. I need to find a way to keep cool till I get the ac/ heating unit.

2 Likes

More pics

1 Like

I think you will have great success. The ones inside in the 10 gallon fabric pots. I take it they will be stationed on the floor?

Will the ones outside be planted into the ground?

I could walk you through how to get set up with a very basic organic style run this year if you would like. It’s a lot cheaper than some may think.
Alot of people think it’s the grower doing the work but it’s really the soil, bugs, nutrients ect. all working together.

1 Like

Yes the fabric pots will be sitting on the floor inside the green house. I would love to know how to do it organic so yes teach me. My seeds are soaking in water now. Going to wait till the tails are at least half an inch before I put them in soil. I feel there is more day light than darkness now so I’ll place the in small pots and bring them to the greenhouse. It’s still a little chilly at nights but I have a space heater in there that keeps it around 60 degrees in there. It will be a while before I put them in the fabric pots and in the ground outside. I want them to get a little tall and strong before I transplant them.

1 Like

I explained a basic organic soil blend about a month ago when we started our seeds. It’s super cheap and is a fantastic place to start. Check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not have grow store here in Ohio yet for it is still illegal here. We vote this November for recreational/cultivation. If passed I will be aloud to grow 6 plants or 12 per household. I am sure grow shops will pop up everywhere then. So for now ordering online is my only option. I planted my blueberry bushes and raspberry bush and when digging the holes I seen lots and lots of worms which I hate touching them but was happy to see them. I do not grow in bags outside I plant in the ground. But because my soil is highly acidic I have to amend my soil like no other. I plan on amending a mass area for each plant so that it will be a while before they reach the acidic soil. Can I use those ingredients in the ground? Or will I have to use grow bags? Where do you get those size grow bags?

2 Likes

I just looked up all those ingredients that you have listed and there is so many different varieties I am not sure what to get. Would it be fish bone fertilizer? Etc.

1 Like

The Humic acid, fish bone powder, bio-live, kelp, neem seed meal and maybe a few more that I use through the season are all from Down to Earth.
The other items I use I make sure to read about them. Make sure that they are organic and don’t have any random additives. If you want to buy gypsum then make sure that’s all it is.

It sounds like you will be mixing up soil due to the poor quality of the native soil in your area. Check out landscaping company’s. I use a company called Best in the West Organic Product. They charge me $64 to fill up the back of a short bed.
This allows me to start with a good all around basic blend.

You should get that outdoor soil down sooner than later. As soon as it’s in the ground buy some cover crop. A good one is crimson clover. Plant this and allow it to grow about 4 inches or so.
Cut it down and put straw on top. You can buy this at your local feed store. This will create a green mulch layer. Allowing all those worms you seen to feed. Leaving behind worm castings.

Boom! You now have a 100% outdoor organic cannabis garden. It’s as simple as that my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much. I have decided to get 100 gallon grow bags for the ones I am growing outside of the greenhouse. So I’ll need to mix a lot of the ingredients together before I can plant them in the grow bags. I plan on going to Home Depot garden center they have a lot of organic soil bags. I’ll visit them this weekend to learn about the right mixture I want. I’ll keep you updated and ask if it’s good or not. Window shopping first before I buy. I am a planner type person and do research way before I buy. I need something for my MJ and all my vegetables. So I need a lot.

1 Like

I think the 100gal grow bags are perfect. What is your daily temp in the summer time outside?
I would suggest the low profile style. They allow your plants to obtain a wider root structure. This is what you want for growing large plants.

Think of a Redwood. Those things are flipping huge. The roots only go into the ground about 15ft but can reach a distance of over 300ft wide. This allows them to retain as much water/nutrients as possible to support such a large structure.
Remember: bigger roots = bigger fruits!

In the greenhouse use the white grow bags. Since you are already dealing with higher temps. The black grow bags get extremely hott in the summer time.

2 Likes

Summertime the temps are usually upper 80’s low 90’s. I’ll be able to control the temps inside the greenhouse before it gets to hot in the summer. I’m getting an ac/heat window unit in a few weeks. Rule of thumb in Ohio to plant outside is Mother’s Day weekend when the risk of frost is over. Which is about 4 weeks away. My vegetables are thriving in the green house and hope they don’t grow out of their little pots before I can get them outside. Would green bags be ok inside the greenhouse?

1 Like

Green would be good. It’s just with those black bags they gets super hott with direct sun. Sometimes the roots don’t like it.
If you lived in a cooler area I would highly suggest black. Simply to retain alittle more heat.

1 Like

@ChittyChittyBangin bigger roots = bigger fruits.

1 Like

Yes! @HippieRunner1 thanks for the tag. I gotta spread out instead of up, but same concept. Ever since ive introduced Tribus into my feeding my roots are HUGE. I had a top root get exposed yesterday and it was the size of my pinky. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes