Help and suggestions for my first grow setup

Sorry to bother you again @dbrn32… someone is actually giving me the 2 lights. Do you think it’ll make a difference if I grow autos instead or if I grow 1 plant under each light? Also would adding side lighting help flowering significantly? I’ve also looked in to the mars hydro sp-250 but if these lights that were given to me will get the job done it’ll help a lot if I can buy some time then upgrade.

1 Like

You can always start short of ideal for your space and continue to improve it. I would just keep expectations in line with where you’re at in getting the space together. The lights you linked will grow weed no doubt. You just end up giving up yield and bud density at harvest time.

Type of pants and how many of them don’t usually matter all that much. You could buffalo the system by running autos under longer light schedule to hit daily light integral, but sometimes autos have recessive genes that need light schedule to be lowered in order to flower. That could create a big mess if you plan on doing that way.

When sizing lights you want to look at total amount of light over area. If you do that it won’t really matter if you grow 2 large plants or 12 smaller plants or what kind of plants you grow.