Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

Check out @Bulldognuts he grows with Coco loco and gets great results

3 Likes

Where ever you are in this forum just type @ and the persons name like this @anon25117832 and that will tag them to where ever you are.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your time and understanding, and thank you for your help as well!

2 Likes

Yes, remember the Gold in the mid '70s.
I think my first bag of “pot” a couple years before that was alfalfa.

1 Like

Never used it but I’d imagine it’s close to OF, but may need to feed just a little sooner.

1 Like

Day 5 after topping my 2 photos, 32 days old. Have removed a couple fan leaves that were way low and in way of watering. Was wondering what is considered sucker branches or leaves? Pretty sure I know but want to verify. More pics on my journal.PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening

6 Likes

Hah 3 days ago we lost power for 14 hrs. Got a generator hooked up finally after that long and of course i had to het the girls fans and atleast 1 light so yhe generator powered the fridge 8 fans 1 260xl coffee pot def needed coffee lol a lortable ac unit the inline for exhaust and my cloner. When i plugged on the ac infinity inline she was reading 97° with 92% woah buddy

Sucker branches are the smaller branches that grow on the lower parts of the larger main branches and clog up the interior of the plant. As for the leaves, also the ones that grow in the interior of the plant, blocking light and air flow, making wet spots by touching other leaves.

Here’s a sucker branch from your pic, small branch growing from lower parts of a large branch. They will never get good light and will just over-crowd the inside of the plant if not removed, and makes for way too many bud sites that will produce “larfy” bud.

12 Likes

Exactly what I did.

4 Likes

Cleaned both photos up nicely. I guess when you’re still new at this, typically we are scissor shy, and scared to cut stuff off. Looking go ID though, thanks. Apera meters come today, so im excited about that too. I still think I will order an EC meter sooner than later. Make life easier.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty normal, but better than the other extreme of cutting off way too much foliage and stunting growth. With experience you see how much you can remove without negatively affecting the plants.

There are times I’m throwing away more foliage than I’m keeping on the plant - my pre-flowering cleanup where I really clean up and thin out the plants, and a week later you’d never know that it was cleaned up so much.

8 Likes

Like the massive tops I cut from the mkp’s. Can’t tell now. Filled in rapidly, which is a good sign to me. Growth!

1 Like

So EC, is EC, no matter what nutes etc. Scales don’t matter? Apera premium $89 I saw.

1 Like

Yeah EC is the same everywhere, does not matter which company made it or what country it was intended for, no scales. I have the Apera EC20 from their value line.

5 Likes

I have mother earth Coco+ perlite and Ffof do you think it’s a good idea to mix 50-50 both products together??? Sorry for the long delay as a new subscriber I only was allow a certain amount to write

1 Like

No I don’t. Not a fan of new growers mixing mediums. Either use coco or use FFOF and if you run into issues it’ll be easier for people to help you when you’re in a standard growing medium rather than a home-brew mix of mediums. Coco and FFOF have different pH preferences.

6 Likes

OK thanks for the info so with your opinion which one would you prefer best??

1 Like

I like coco, but you’ll need to water it more often than FFOF and you’ll need to start feeding right away as coco has no nutes in it. Upside to coco is faster growth and a lot less worrying about over watering, very hard to over water coco . If watering everyday is not to your liking then coco may not be for you, though could get away with watering every other day if using bigger pots and going straight coco with no perlite as perlite makes it dry up faster than just straight coco.

FFOF would have less frequent watering and not having to feed for 4-6 weeks.

I grow in coco now and never going back to potting soil for my “production” plants. I do use potting soil for my clone mothers as I want less frequent watering and slower growth with them.

9 Likes

Im anxious to use coco next go round. I actually enjoy watering. While Im doing it, Ill also do a closeup assessment. Quality time with each plant for me I guess I would call it. Mixing nutes, testing, etc I figure the more I do it, the more efficient and confident Ill be.Good stuff I say.

6 Likes

I definitely can relate to that!!

1 Like