Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

Are you using scissors or pinching off?

2 Likes

Ya appears the Jack’s is slightly fuller than AN, still great looking plants on both sides. Thanks for the comparison journal, this is helping us newbies so much on choosing the right nutrient line. Jack’s is still more bang for the buck than anything I’ve used (Canna, Fox Farms).

4 Likes

I always do 2 grows in my journals, get one group in flowering and then startup the next grow. So time to get the next one going.

The next grow is Blue Dream, SOG style with 9 clones.

Here is the Blue Dream clone mother, stopped trimming her back and started giving her full strength Jacks at every watering for the past 3 weeks to buff her up so I can get some nice healthy cuttings.

Yesterday I got the Clone King 25 going and placed the cuttings to start the rooting process. 13 Blue Dream cuttings (always take more cuttings than needed and use the best rooted ones) and 2 Cherry Ice Cream cuttings (to replace the the Cherry Ice Cream clone mother as she is getting a little long in the tooth and hard to manage).

18 Likes

Im interested in cloning actually.

2 Likes

I prefer pinching off with the thumb nails, less chance of cutting off any grow tips, and I can follow the leaf stem down with my fingers without really looking at it.

10 Likes

Thanks HR

1 Like

Give my cloning tutorial a look thru, will get you started in the wonderful world of cloning and saving the best genetics with clone mothers.

11 Likes

So now that I have net in hand, im wondering when to apply. Rite now im tying down to control height. Pretty darn even at the moment!

2 Likes

I think im needing to do some more defol too! The girls are going nuts with there extra space. Good move I say.

3 Likes

I’m excited to watch you do a sog. I already have my clones rooted, and I was planning on doing a sog for the first time. I ended up with 27 clones, I didn’t expect so many to root :grimacing:

Now, I have you to follow and learn. Winning!!!

I need to transplant from the solo cups soon. What size pots do you plan to go with?

7 Likes

Governor Abbott and LT. Gov Patrick blocked legalization. Patrick is under indictment for fraud.

4 Likes

Let’s hope Matthew McConaughey runs for governor!!!

3 Likes

@Hellraiser,this is some good info,thanks.I am just starting out.
My tap water is 150 ppm,is that safe to use during my 1st grow?
I have been using 50/50 ro/tap so far.Just trying to cut out
any unnecessary steps.

3 Likes

I use tap water only. Just get ya a clean 5 gallon bucket, an air pump, a little tubing and an air stone. This will air out the chlorine from the water. My PPM is around 150 as well and I’ve had zero issues following these steps. @Hellraiser uses strictly RO water I believe.

6 Likes

Thanks @rookiegrower .

1 Like

@AliveAnKickin , I think you called the wrong number, me. :laughing:. About the tap ppm post.

Sorry about that,still trying to learn this forum structure LOL

1 Like

All good. Makes me feel like im “somebody”! Lol. Im a newbie, but have a journal going. Feel free to jump in if you like. PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening. Welcome to the neighborhood. Best group of people ive ever been involved with here. You will learn a lot, as I have, and continue to everyday. Every hour actually! @AliveAnKickin

2 Likes

I wait til they’re in the middle of the flowering stretch (2 weeks in) to put up the net or the net can be be low after the stretch, specially with sativa dominant strains.

6 Likes

Good problem to have. I always do extra clones and my local grower friends love that I do.

The clones will be planted in Rain Science 2 gal mesh pots when rooted, which will be their final home, skipping the solo cups. Then a quick veg of a couple/few weeks and off to flowering.

7 Likes