Had to lay the top over

It’s kinda hard to tell from the pic, but I ended up having to lay this top over on its side because I ran out of height clearance :roll_eyes: It was literally touching the lighting.
Now let’s see if she’ll turn the side branching & top upwards :thinking:

Didn’t have a choice, it was either kick it over or chop the top…and well I sure wasn’t gonna chop…

2 Likes

Shoot, those buds will be turning upward before lights out.

4 Likes

I think we’ve all had to do it at some point or another. It’s way better than chopping or letting it grow into the lights. I speak from experience.

3 Likes

Good !!
It about killed me to kick it over like that :confused: That’s new to me, so creates some anxiety…

1 Like

If you can I find it can help to support the end of the cropped nug. The first time I did this I broke a branch and the cropped branch threw the whole plant off balance when the pot dried up. I came home to all my plants laying on the ground. they all fell like dominoes.

2 Likes

Yes I have tied up the cropped section for support since pic. Was concerned about weight as flowering progresses.

I really have a second one that needs it too but will hold off until I convince myself it’s “ok”.
Not that I don’t trust y’all, it’s just a mental thing with myself …if that makes sense …

1 Like

If it helps you with motivation I can tell you its better to do it now while it’s stretching rather than later when it’s ripening.

1 Like

Damn you wasn’t kidding :joy:
Them buds already starting to turn up !! It’s only been like an hour :grin:
Shew that kindda stuff stresses me bad… them’s my girls.

It also jogs a thought for the future in regards to maximizing space :thinking:

I asked an old head one time yrs ago how he was growing his and he told me he tied them down (outdoors).
Think I’m starting to understand what he meant.
Suppose it’s a similar concept as the netting growers use… stretching the plant horizontal which in some regards turns side branches into “tops”

3 Likes