GSC X Auto Quad-fold, w/ single spire rooted top

Awesomeness! Sure do appreciate your sharing, as this is a technique I hope to master. Got popcorn ready & set to watch closely! :star_struck:

1 Like

You are Very Welcome! Just trying to show folks how far you can push an Auto - been doing this successfully on Photos for quite a few years now.
Start with the simple 2 lead Manifold/Mainline for a run, for the next run do it twice. Then tweak to your own style.

2 Likes

So, this method is not normally done on autos, but required on photos? Is that correct assumption, or is it optional on photos as well?

These are autos, yes. I’m showing that you have the same options as photos regardless of common advice, but you have a pretty tight time table to work in, you gotta move quick.

2 Likes

Day 55: Just a little Photo update, started smelling very sweet & less minty. Rez creep from 5.7 to 6.08, no change till tomorrow let em suck up the P and Mg

When the pig runs slower - Let the arrow fly - Hedgehogs on the loose.

When the sin lies bolder - I’ll pluck out thine eye

My cup runneth over - Like blood from a stone

Spindly little wall flower, she’s tick tick ticking along. Ditched her sister, literally.

6 Likes

Day 60: Freewheel mode - Slight Rez bump, 2 gal and Ph adjust.

My woman, wears a long black veil, cause I always like to walk the line
I’m gonna take her out tonight, I’m goin’ to Jackson

We gonna fall into that ring of fire
Rollin’ down the train track Oh no, I ain’t comin back

The man in me is the man in black … Hello… hello I’m Johnny Hash

This here spindly little thing is a Boy(not really) named Sue!

4 Likes

Day 65: Freewheel mode - minor overall plumping but drinking like rabid guppies - Rez bump and clean, 6 gal 2.4EC 5.7 Add UVa and Far Red at knockout

7 Likes

What a sight! Beauties!

2 Likes

Thank you kindly! Like the children I don’t have, I am but a slave to feed, keep healthy and mildly entertain.

5 Likes

Mouthwatering

2 Likes

Thank you.
I’m digging the Oompah Loompah Shrubs (and no stinkin scrog net), but I am impressed by the topping/cutting in all honesty. That weird single leaf growth spire is the topping of the lady on the left, she raced to catch up and is now just as tall above grade as the shrub. I shoulda spired her as was my original intent, but got lazy and wanted to watch the stress reaction.

Don’t top an Auto they say, don’t train an Auto they say, Let the Auto do its thing they say.
The Auto seems to say Nay. Another month.

5 Likes

Rabbit Hole:
Does Far Red have any effect on Autos? Since they are a genetic mutation that does not rely on phytochrome to trigger flowering, I’d think not. But other data indicates, it triggers them to sleep faster(minutes not hours), keeps them squat used at knock out (my preference), or causes stretch if used during light-on hours (test for another grow).

If anyone has opines or facts, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Day 70: Freewheel mode - Finally some Gingers joining the party - Prince Spaghetti Night - Tribus/Recharge/Fish!t/Floralicious+ soup top water / Rez drop from 6.1 to 5.7

P1

P1

P2

P2

Spindly

7 Likes

Those are some beautifully ambitious looking ladies

1 Like

I am hoping so, another 3-4 weeks is my best guess at this point.

2 Likes

Day 75: Freewheel mode - Not much to update except some progress shots.

The woods will never tell what sleeps beneath the trees

Or what’s buried 'neath a rock or hiding in the leaves

'Cause roadkill has it’s seasons just like anything

It’s possums in the autumn and it’s farm cats in the spring

A murder in the red barn, a murder in the red barn

‘Cause there’s nothin’ strange about an axe with bloodstains in barn,
There’s always some killin’ you got to do around the farm

Day is coming ladies…the day is coming

9 Likes

Love me some Tom Waits.

1 Like

You good Brother!

and some Zappa.

3 Likes

Day 71: Rez dump / Last full strength feed - They are getting sugary, smells cloyingly sweet.

Trick

Treat

6 Likes

Yum. Happy Halloween!

2 Likes