Growing with a blackmoon rising

Oh yes I read that bit then had to scroll right up to see what caused it! Scary stuff mate! We are being super careful too. That’s never a good thing!

Mmmm Blueberry! I’ve still got some of my very first one - which was the smelliest, and OMG you should smell it now! HEAVEN in a bottle lol :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Mine lost most of its aroma due to my over site that drying would be way faster in summer than autumn :fallen_leaf:.
Had no were cool to put them.
We live and learn. hopefully.
This summer I’ll be more prepared.
Yes I have still got some of mine too.
Not an expirence to write home about sampling it.
Dang.
So how firm do you pack your bags @anon33684698 or anyone
For that matter.

1 Like

When planting in the ground what’s the preparation to the hole dug how deep wide integration to the surrounding soil etc?

Do you mean for curing?
I still use jars. To begin with when I first jar up, I fill no more than 2/3 to 3/4 full to make sure the buds are right in curing range and I can roll them around every few days. But then as I start to go through them, if I need the space in my weed fridge, sometimes I’ll combine some jars together and fill them right up

2 Likes

Thats great about your curing and I know we were sharing about blueberry and drying.
But I switched channels at some point and when I asked about packing your bags I ment the soil in your grow bags how firm do you pack it down before introducing your plant to it.
You must have done this so many times now @anon33684698

2 Likes

Oh whoops sorry buddy - crossed wires there!

I actually still use plastic pots not bags, but what I currently do is mix up the Searles Premium Potting Mix Advanced (even though it has slow release fertiliser it doesn’t seem to give me any issues with Nute burn alongside the Aussie nutes brand I use) with perlite til it’s approx 1/3 perlite in one of those shell pools (I steal it off my dog! :sweat_smile:) then I scoop the mixture into the pots and then give them a really good thump several times on the ground to pack it down. I don’t actually press the soil mixture down with my hands.

I used to fill the pots to the brim because it does still tend to pack down some more as the plants grow (with watering etc) but I found it a tad too full sometimes so now I leave an inch or so from the top.

I hope somewhere in that overly lengthy explanation is what you were chasing lol!

5 Likes

That was wonderfully explained @anon33684698
Forever in my journal to refer back to again and again.
Pretty much what I did.
I’ve planted out my og kush and my blueberry this evening. Hope they gunna be ok got rain forecast for the next week.
They will get a good watering in thats for sure.

2 Likes

Update 3rd October 2021
You heard it folks 2 of my 4 auto’s are in there final 10gal about 28 litre fabric pots.
Blueberry and og kush are in.
Dropped these seeds on the 3rd August I think
Got about a week of rain forecast so hope they be ok and just a matter of watering them in from the sky’s above.
Only leaves Stilton that’s growing very oddly and my BCN critical XXL that’s looking strong now.
And dropped Stilton and BCN on the 22nd September
Cheers :beers:

7 Likes

Latest update
6th October 2021
My Bnc critical XXL auto went into its final 10 gal 28 lt fabric pot outside it was time.
Followed by rain most of the night sometimes heavy.
I’m at work so hope it’s OK experiencing its first rain.
Getting watered in naturally
Blueberry and og that I planted out a few days ago also auto’s seemed happy enough and they got a good rain watering in as well.
Watch this space.
Only my runt Stilton to go now.
It’s showing good sign now of it forming a new leader finally

8 Likes

Sounds nice! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Just another west coast south island sunset shot

12 Likes

That’s just gorgeous mate :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Update 11th October 2021

Here is my auto Stilton seed that I dropped on the 22nd August 2021 @ 420 pm.
Been stunted and funky ever since.
Check it out.
Grows a big leaf before it gets a leader super top heavy.
Starting to get a leader now.

11 Likes

@Blackmoon you ok bro ? Hope the earthquake didnt cause any damage

4 Likes

Haven’t felt one @Daggy_2.0
Was there ment to be one?
People I look after have been acting up tonight for sure.
Was having a thought about earthquake earlier today

5 Likes

It wasnt a big one 5.1 top of the south island …

3 Likes

Didn’t even hear about it , suppose I should watch the news again one day

3 Likes

Update 14th October 2021
My blueberry auto on the left og kush on the right
BCN XXL critical auto on its own
Been planted out for a week or so now.

8 Likes

Another angle

10 Likes

Another update 15th October 2021

My Stilton is at a stage now that it seems to be growing out of its funk slowly :snail:
It seems to have a couple of natural leaders forming now and I’m thinking it could be a good time to start training it over.
What fo you all think :thinking:
Here’s the latest picture

5 Likes