Growing problems/ issues

Heres a few of the affected leaves i just snipped, undersides look fine

1 Like

First things first, you’re going to need to keep ph and ppm in range. You may have other stuff going on, but these for sure. You should want a complete base nutrient mixture in the 800-1000 ppm range and ph at 5.8. This should be pretty big improvement.

5 Likes

Get the EC back in range 1.8-2.0 and PH of 5.8-6.0. Res temps look good, above 70 is pushing it. She’s definitely hungry :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Ok ill reup the nutes and ph again and update you but that was the problem before my ph wouldnt stop rising. I added my nutes ppm was around 600(cant remember exact number) and my ph skyrocketed. 5.8 to 6.4 to 7.8, i knocked it back down 2 more times and it settled around 6.2 but still was slowly climbing with little to no effect on the leave issues. I trimmed off ones that were more then 70% affected and the spots spread to new leaves, the ones pictured had little to no spots 4 days ago

2 Likes

In a hydroponic system you’ll see issues very quickly. And once you’re leaves are damaged they won’t fix themselves. So you have to monitor new growth to see if you’re improving on issues or not.

The ph swings are normal in dwc too. Even if you had no plant or roots aeration will make ph climb. When you add thr root material, nutrients, and uptake ph will require constant monitoring and adjustment. Especially if you have small res.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 ph and ppm in range you suggested @OGIncognito EC is within range in 2 of buckets slightly higher in the other. Ill report back later on levels and conditions of plants as I notice changes. Thanks alot guys.

Also could it be from my humifidier? I noticed a white residue on the nozzle and google said its left over minerals the filter missed, the plant closest is the one in the worst shape, just a thought.

3 Likes

Well done Growmie, as @dbrn32 mentioned daily checks on the Res PH. Would mention to closely monitor the res temps and some type of root inoculant added at the end of mixing nutrients and PH down has been added if needed. I would recommend Southern Ag for this as it’s 1/10 of the price and 98% of the ingredient in Hydroguard :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ill remember the southern ag next time i already have hydroguard on the way. And ok so i add hydroguard after nutes and ph down, i seen a few different opinions on before or after.

2 Likes

ppm, ec and ph is holding steady, Temps are stable and it seems after a clorox treatment the spots have stopped spreading, I trimmed bad/dead leaves to expose new growth will update in a few days

1 Like

Everything seems to be moving in the right directions, plants have began making noticeable gains in growth but this morning I noticed a discoloration on some of leaves. Could this be due to the new nutes?
EC 1.7
Ppm 900s
Ph 5.6 to 5.8 (swings from 5.5 to 6.0)
Water temp 62 to 68

Rust/brown spots are old and stopped progressing after clorox treatment and flush, added hydroguard wit

h res change and new nutes

2 Likes

Is this the only leaf affected? Could possibly be a little splash burn if so?? :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

My apologies for the late reply, yes any innoculant or microbe feeding should be added last and after using PH down or up :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

No just the most effected, i think it was a little too much nitrogen, my dumbass had my ppm set to tds/500 so my levels were running hot, i had to changeres today anyways so i changed water and hit my ph gonna let them soak for the day and burn off any excess on the nutes and adjust later. Smfh this is turning into a science experiment haha

This is the correct scale to be using unless your going off the FF feed schedule. Sure you know this but 1.8-2.0 EC would be my suggestion

2 Likes

I switched nutes to floraflex after i got the hydroguard to resolve root issues. From their schedule i was running a little hot, thats why i was assuming some excess nitrogen. Appreciate all the help OG

1 Like

Fox farms runs on a 700 scale. You should be using the hydroponic fox farms feeding schedule and only feeding half str all the way down the board. 225ppm is barely enough to keep a seedling alive. Your air gap water temps and everything else seem to be in check. Are you using the entire hydroponic lineup from fox farms or just a big bloom and grow big?

Those brown spots could possibility be nutrient splash from topping off the tank. Did you happen to possibly get anything on your leaves on accident?

1 Like

I know you said you switched to floraflex. But here is a ff schedule in case you didnt have one. May help figure out what happened

2 Likes

Hey there! First time grow. Just wondering why my leaf tips are starting to go pale/transparent and get dry.

Week 2 of an aero garden start. I just added ferts for the first time this morning

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the canna community.

Let me see who is around that i can tag to assist you.