Growing for the first time!

6/2 is interesting. Maybe i’ll try that on another grow

while patiently waiting for the seed to sprout, i decided i will do 24 hours of light for a week after they sprout, then go to 20/4 for the rest of the grow.

anyone here do 20/4? is it that much better than 18/6?

i do 20/4 for autos based on recommendation from @Nicky

i can’t say if it’s better than 18/6 as i’ve never done that.

2 Likes

The less darkness = less stretch if lights are still powerful enough but DLI is more. Important than light scedule. I run 20/4 as do the overwhelming majority of auto specific growers, it reduces stretch and allows for the environment to stay consistent for 20hr a day.

If you don’t understand DLI yet then that’s the post you shoild be reading.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. I do not know about DLI, so i will do some research. reducing stretch makes sense, i def don’t want stretch.

Thanks!

Here, give the post a like if it taught you something please

2 Likes

Do you recommend any kind of phone App or piece of equipment for measuring?

i think nicky pasted the wrong link. check out his thread, watch the video, and download the photone app. and give the thread a like if it helps you

2 Likes

Thanks! i was wondering why my own post was there and did a google search. I will look at this thread and download the app

Photone is an app I was told about. I have not used it.

1 Like

@Nicky The post was very useful, thanks for that. Video was great!

1 Like

Thought i’d write an update. Lights are on 24/7 at the moment with temps between 24-25 Celsius. Humidity between 55-60% and i have the dome currently over the soil. Soil is moist under the dome, much darker than the rest of the soil outside which is dry. I did spray a bit of water earlier today but maybe i shouldn’t anymore if the soil looks dark and moist?

I have a question, when she finally sprouts, do i water the soil immediately since the dome will be off?

don’t spray your soil, spray inside the dome.

overwatering your sprouts is an easy way to kill them. once they pop you can spray the inside of the dome and put it over the sprout. put in some holes for air exchange.

i wouldn’t use the dome for very long. a few days. then you should start giving it small amounts of water, just not directly on the stem. make those new roots search for that water. at this point your soil should be bone dry before watering again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

Enjoy the grow! Have fun and make sure to check many times a day…haha a little inside joke there welcome to the jungle

3 Likes

thank you! i think i check too many times haha

2 Likes

Try to raise your temp to 26/27 and your humidity to 60%-70% for early veg.
Use a VPD. Chart like so

Try to get a nice breeze on those seedlings asap to. Make. Them. Strong!

1 Like

right now my temps have been moving between 23-25 C and humidity around 60%. I would guess that should be close enough based on the chart?

i shouldnt have the fan directly pointing to it right?

The difference between 23 and 27c in growing is HUGE

I run a controller and have a space heater when my plants are small inside my grow tent that turns the heater on until it reaches 27c while my exhaust fan is set to 28c and a humidfior runs at whatever the VPD chart says to run at.

You’ll grow but the speed of growth will be significantly faster at warmer Temps, just so your aware.

As for the fan, having the leafs shake is the goal.

1 Like