Golgi apparatus

Hey @Jackie_Daytona sorry man been super busy moving. Haven’t been really checking the forum because of that. Don’t mean to come off as if I’m ignoring you. Looks like peoole got you covered. Your plants look amazing. Now with the watering issue and how its time consuming and all that, I think your best bet is Autopots man. You don’t need to clean any run off or even get on your kneed to feed them. Probably just the first 2-3 weeks until the plans form a solid root system to reach the water under the clay pellets when the autpot starts pumping water to the bottom of the pot

1 Like

Top of the morning growmies… hop you all are well.

little update.
plants look pretty good.

It’s getting a bit crowded but it is what it is. I know my limits now. I will be adding ANOTHER 9" fan this afternoon to get a bit more flow over the tops of the my largest plants. They are stuck in the corners and just not getting enough of a breeze imo. Dont want that mildew or budrot.

I do have two plants showing a few spot on some new growth. not a lot, just a couple leaves.

Also not pictured is some of the bigger older leaves getting a couple spots on a couple plants which looks like potassium issues.

It’s about time for a flush for the plants that are showing the spots they started nutes a week before the others. All of them in general are about due for a flush. I am still seeing really good numbers with my runoff and growth is good. Next watering is a water only so we will see what runoff has to say. As I dint feed during most of veg because of the ocean forest I think I am good for another week on the bulk of the plants at least. but we will see.

Got an email from opulent systems asking for my address. looks like they are shipping me a free 4x8 tent finally after 3 months. I have no place to put it and I have $60 in tarps covering this one.

Oh yea. i think i have a leaf eater in my 4x8. I dont hear any grasshoppers in here but I have some leafs that look like they were munched on. I haven’t seen any in the tent but have caught three in the grow room and seen about 1,232,673. of them outside.

I also saw some crusty stuff on a leaf. I hope it isnt a caterpillar. Ill have another looks see this afternoon.

5 Likes

I should have listened. now it’s jumanji in here. :rofl:

2 Likes

Been there.

It’s really tough not to overcrowd.

2 Likes

Pics? Sometimes mechanical damage (wind/abrasion) can look like munching.

1 Like

no pics. I found one leaf with a round hole in it one day. size of a cigarette burn. then some edges. I caught 3 grasshoppers in the grow room(not tent) in one week,. I think I found where they were coming in and put a bunch of DE down. I could have damaged them when I scroged the tent the other day also. just a few not many maybe a half dozen with some pieces.

1 Like

Ive got a feeding schedule question @Hellraiser if you are on but anyone can chime in here.
12 days into flower.

Seeing how I am in ocean forest I didn’t start feeding till directed and @Hellraiser advised I did not need to flush before starting nutrients.

Plants got first dose of FF nutes on the 20th of august. That was veg nutes only. the 25th they started getting tiger bloom. all plants get feed every 3 days in the 4x8 except for the biggest #12. she is dry every other day. bone dry.
they are on water feed water. so they have only gotten nutrients 5 times.
I am wondering where I should be at in the feeding schedule…If I count the 20th as my first feed day the 10th would be 3 weeks on nutrients. And be my first flush.

the 4x4 plants have only been feed 3 times, twice with flower nutes. No idea what week they should be on.or since 12 days since flip 2nd week feeding with 2nd nutrients?
The whole Ocean forest thing has thrown me off.

Any help is appreciated.

I plan on adding some bembe and depending where I am told to continue onthe schedule

1 Like

I was in FFOF as well. When I did make the flip to flower I just started on wk5 even though i had vegged for 2 months. The I stuck to the schedule and just counted the weeks from the time I started giving them. I hope this helps, sry I’m super stoned.

2 Likes

it’s cool thank you. My ramblings in that post probably seem like I am also.

1 Like
2 Likes

I know I’m no expert, hopefully one day I will be though. I checked on my drying girl today. (2 days hanging now). She’s so frosty and purple. I’m literally shocked I was able to produce something so beautiful on my first run.

3 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona you are a week ahead of me, are your plants doing this. I’m in 7gal grow pots

2 Likes

They air prune themselves. This is good.

2 Likes

No but I can only feel huge roots when I feel around my pot like a gnarled tree. The bottom is solid like stone.

@dbrn32 Question if you don’t mind. Is it ok to max my 240H4-48B drivers @240w or is there some buffer percentage that is used? Also they will go higher than 240w. is that safe or keeping under the rating? thank you!

Edit: found this

OVERLOADING

Never overload a LED driver. ADM recommends allowing a head room of 20% of the LED drivers maximum rating to give yourself a buffer.

The exception to this rule is if you are using one of the MEAN WELL dimmable LED drivers that effects the dimming by varying the amplitude of the output current. Then you should aim to load the LED driver to around 90 ~ 95% of it maximum rating.

Is this correct?

I thought NFPA was 80 percent

1 Like

dunno. im at 230@24" right now and they plants are loving it. Ill keep it there. thats 1150w going in my 4x8 and 460 in the 4x4. I know thats not how light is measured but I dont have a ppfd meter. Just the lux one on my phone and the data sheet from the vendor. The drivers are too hot to touch for long. I am glad I put those 1/2" beveled rubber washer at the screw points… It leaves a nice air gap under the driver.

Every grow is different so what works for me may not work for you. But I’ve had my two HGL 260 XL rspec on full blast all the way from the beginning. I raised and lowered them from the plants reaction . They are at 18” right now. Next grow I’m adding a third board to each light

6 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona can you imagine potting up this late in the game. That is what I’m doing , 15gal grow pots will be here this week .

2 Likes

Well said, every grow is different, for sure :+1:t2: :v:t2:

4 Likes