Golden Tree (Humboldts Secret)

When can I start adding “Golden Tree” to my water? Plants are in FFOF. Were germinated Jan 15th.

Golden tree consist of kelp, carbs, amino acids and minerals.

1 Like

3 Likes

I wish I was able to help.
Plants look good!

1 Like

Thanks. Much appreciated :clap:t3:

1 Like

Feb 15 would be the safe bet.

I start giving it to them as soon as I start feeding. Once runoff tds indicates the medium is about out of nutrients I start feeding at about half the recommended rate then gradually increase.

1 Like

Im a super noob. Idk what is used to calculate runoff tds

Couple of different ways to measure it, I use one of these

Water until you get roughly 20% runs out the bottom. So if watering with 1 gal should be roughly 32 oz run out. Discard your first bit of runoff then catch and test your tds and ph. Nutrient requirements will change as it gets older. Your ocean forest should last for the first 4-6 weeks then when tds runoff gets below 1000 I start feeding. Catch and test runoff each time you water to see how much she’s eating. Adjust inputs as needed. I have the Humboldt feeding chart that I loosely follow, main thing is to pay attention to how your plant looks. I’m in 5 gallon fabric pots and water/feed every other day. Smaller plants can get by with every third day. I tried doing the water feed water routine but they always got hungry in between so now I just feed every time.

3 Likes

Sorry forgot to mention I’m also in happy frog but I’ve reused it for about a year now.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback!

2 Likes

Are you planning on an organic grow or using synthetic fertilizer Growmie? The FFOF will feed the plants for approximately 6 weeks, testing the run off PPMs or a slurry test is my recommendation before starting nutrients. For soil I would start feeding if the run off PPMs are 800 or less. I would also recommend a trusted cannabis friendly nutrient line that has all the macro and micro nutrients like Jacks 321 :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Im a newb! Not sure how to test PPMs or any of that. Time to learn in the next few weeks!

1 Like

PH and TDS pen… 2 pieces of critical gear to have Growmie and would recommend an Apera 20 for PH and Blue Lab for the TDS :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Be careful with humbolts. A little of that stuff goes a long way. I used it back a few years ago… ended up giving the whole kit to a neighbor and went with dry amendments.

2 Likes

Curious what rates you were using and what your medium was? I’ve been using it for a couple years now and haven’t had any problems. I’m always mixing 2.2 or so gallons at a time and after plants are about 6 weeks old I’m mixing as follows: 8ml tree trunk, 6ml calmag, 6ml golden tree, 20ml a, 20ml b, 20ml super sweet. I might bump parts a&b up to 30ml depending on runoff numbers. Then in flower I start adding flower stacker with 2ml in the mix and bump it up as the weeks progress to around 8ml. I also have some flower fuel and kelp extract that I’ll add in small amounts. Recharge and molasses every 10-14 days. Growing in 5 gal fabric pots with happy frog soil and this has worked pretty well for me.

2 Likes

I was using half strength, but the main reason i stopped was that dry amendments were just so much easier than to have to measure out liquids, check ph and ppms, ect…

I still brew teas twice a month and ill use flower fuel (i always mix with molasses to nuetralize the ph. I found that just mixing flower fuel and water the ph was around 5.5 so the molasses brings it up to 6.5.

When i was experimenting with my recycled soil (Coast of Maine) i didnt recharge just to see how far i could carry a plant with just the amendments that werent used in the soil, so very little or no buffer at all. I mixed just flower fuel and water and i tanked the soil ph… live and learn right?

I use Coast of Maine Stonington Blend and their amendments which are Stonington Blend Veg Food and Buds n Bloom for flowering. I brew a castings/seabird guano tea twice a month and i alternate weeks on adding amendments. Ive split my measurements in half and alternate teas one week and amendments the next.

I have a supersoil recipe that i cooked last spring and used over the winter as a water only experiment. The only thing i added to the water twice a month was molasses to feed the microbes. It carried them the whole cycle and got around a 1/2 lb each plant (25 gal pots). Ill be cooking more soil this spring but instead of outdoors ill cook it indoors to try to keep any pests out…

1 Like

Sounds amazing lol I want to try that sometime I’d love not having to mix nutrients or check ph all the time. I have enough Humboldt to last me a while but I might go that route after it runs out. The Humboldt has been pretty effective for me though so it’s hard to wanna fix what’s not broken lol.

2 Likes

I agree. I used Humboldts with my first ever grow and had some left over. They might be a bit old but we’ll see what happens. When I started feeding the plants I used half the recommended dose at first and just gradually increased the mL and it worked fine.

I grow in 20 gallon bags outdoors. Using Humboldt secrets nutes. I measure ppm and ph in bucket before I feed. How do you check run off in my situation? I have blue lab ppm and ph meters.

I don’t think you’ll be checking run off in those pots, if one of your plants starts showing issues, you’ll need to run a slurry test :love_you_gesture:

1 Like