Going to give it a try

indoors basement or upstairs?? basement just over 6 ft up just over 7 its a out building but nice shape sort of a northern clime havent set it up yet so any advise will be appreciated did pick up a lg 600 R and some grow bags 4 or 5 gal kind of free to do what i can problaby use fox soil.???

2 Likes

Put where you can maintain your temperature the best ,bewween 65 and 75 preferably,there are many people to help if you snag a grow support ticket and use as a checklist you can post before you buy so. You don’t waste money on junk use member experience,as far as soil I would suggest fox farm I use ocean forest but it is hot Meaning a lot of nutrients already in there but you will need to measure runoff ppm and also a good ph meter You can look at the section on this forum for recommendations on products lighting being the most important anyhow welcome and good luck

2 Likes

Welcome these guys have a ton of knowledge good luck with your grow

1 Like

how tall would like to use basement but only 6 ft tall 7 ft upstairs but would like to use basement more co2 in basement??

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Here you will find many growers help you achieve a great grow… happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

@backatit Welcome to the community. A lot of great advice on here from some great growers.

2 Likes

My choice would be the basement. Much easier to control temps and lighting.(light leaks). I’m not sure about the co2…but if I had to guess I’d think,it would be lower in the basement. But probably not enough to even notice a difference. If you are wanting to add co2, you can pick up one of the co2 bags for abut $40. Me personally…I wouldn’t let the co2 levels decide on where I put the room. There are much more important factors that come into play before co2. You have to have intense/optimum lighting to even benefit from the co2. Just my opinion tho. Best of luck and welcome to the community :raising_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

thanks got a hlg 600 R spec but not done remolding building yet a month or two should do it got some g g autos coming

I think you will be definitely pleased with the performance of your light. Hlg is a great choice. A lot of good help and information here, just feel free to ask if you have questions or hit a roadblock. :+1:

1 Like

You will have a much easier time controlling your environment in the basement. If you set it up right you have the entire volume of air to act as a temp/humidity buffer and all the co2 you need.

1 Like

thanks the tallest plant i can do minus bag and light is 3 feet or less in basement up is about 8" more can get air from basement easy and vent out no problem light and power no problem is the extra 8" that big a deal

1 Like

No it’s not that big of a deal. And ideally under LED lights you want your average day time temps to be around 80 to 84 degrees with humidity up into the high sixties for vegging and around 55 to 60% for flowering. The co2 bags are a waste unless your running a sealed grow room. But if the grow is not sealed then co2 is useless.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community lot of Growers use basement area. You may need to make a few adjustments from a winter grow to summer grow. Winter grow you may need to supplemental a little heat when lights out.
Good luck

1 Like

thank you seems a bit short as light heat cooling not a real big deal well insulated have a chiminy to vent things any way still a while till finished trying to get ideas thanks

thinking of first grow to be in coco will use canna all the way price not bad at shop any thoughts on this or just do soil??