Getch357 2nd grow journal

I’ve made bubble has twice now. Not sure it’s worth the effort. Now I make concentrate called QWET. You can cook or bake anything with it!

2 Likes

@Caligurl @NeoGroR @Covertgrower ok so for all that replied the question is for storage, so i made some and it came out not what i remember hash like. When i was younger and bought/smoked hash it was always kinda cakey this (and i folowed the video) was more like taffy and when it dried was hard just like taffy and its been hot here for a few weeks now and i wrapped small pieces in Foilb and some started to melt so after screwing around for a day or 2 i finally put it into the freezer which it has been keeping…just not the way i remember hash to be…any suggestions from anyone did i do something wrong or is this what hash is now???

2 Likes

You’ll get different consistencies from different strains. Some will be stickier, like moon sand, some will be be cake like.
It’s not anything you’ve did wrong, it’s just different across different plants. The important thing is to make sure it dries thoroughly before putting into a storage container.

2 Likes

Many people grate it (or use a micro-planer) then press it into cakes. I did that on my second batch and liked it a lot better. It reminded me of the ‘cakes’ I used to buy in high school LOL

3 Likes

Ok so for any following not much to report we are just over 4 weeks now above ground and they are looking great!! 1 problem is my new lights are great but my tent (due to all this weird weather we are having) is running at 80% humidity at most times and temps are at 80 plus :flushed: so I have ordered a de humidifier and it will be here today. I have no window in this place to vent out of so i will have to use the dehumidifier to try to control the humidity here are a few pics

1 Like

FYI, if it’s a decent de-humidifier, it will also generate heat. If it’s one of those little ones, they don’t do much good.

1 Like

ya caligurl…it came and it is so small…it has not even sucked up anything! I plugged it in and it seems like its not even working :flushed: Im aggrevated that I bought this :woozy_face: so now i have to try to find one that works again problem is no window to vent out of…grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… well hopefully this weather dies down and drops humidity

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @NeoGroR @kdawg O.K so I just would like to know if any of you all store flower for long periods say 6 to 8 months or even longer what is the best method for ensuring it stays good? right now all are in jars with humidity packs but was just wondering If i wanted to store for long periods what is the best way…please let me know…Thanks all

2 Likes

Grove bags are one good option. I’ve never stored in ball jars over 6-8 months so not sure at what point the thc and terps start to degrade in them.

2 Likes

@kdawg Grove bags??? do you need a machine to take air out or just zip lock it??

1 Like

Zip lock then to store long term you can heat seal them with a hair iron, iron etc. I hear heat sealed the buds will be as fresh 2 years later as they were when they went in the bag. Then just cut off the sealed part to open and there’s extra room to use again next time or two.

2 Likes

I’ve had my last harvest in them for 5 months so far just zip locked. So far so good. They maintain the RH level automatically without needing to add packs or meters.

2 Likes

Whatever container you choose, I would store it in the freezer long term.

4 Likes

@Bulldognuts @NeoGroR @Covertgrower @Caligurl @kdawg @dbrn32

not much going on a few night shots just after lights out. Temp and humidity creating a balancing act…getting there though tallest is 28" they are 2 days short of being 9 weeks old so hopefully the next 6 to 8 weeks will grow them buds :crazy_face: :+1: :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Looking good green and healthy! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

ya cant wait to see how much they produce…there are 2 purple haze 2 gold leaf and 2 zskittelz…not sure if the skittles is spelled right but they are at 9 weeks and doing pretty good about 30" tall now so lets see. biggest improvement was 2nd hlg 300 r spec but electric bill doubled :flushed: :flushed:

3 Likes

Hopefully the harvest will far out weigh the electric bill! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I use a seal-a-meal but I take out just enough air to not compact the buds too bad, then in the freezer they go…

2 Likes

ok caligurl so when u seal a meal them and freeze them are there ever ice crystals or dampness??

2 Likes

Not if they are cured properly and you get enough of the air out…

1 Like