General Hydroponics General Confusion

Honestly. I would think you could. But have never tried that. I have no issues just adding what I need though. I have mixed in the wrong order and not had any issues before. I try to keep the same routine. But tend to stray my self. :grin:

1 Like

I will take some research :microscope:, you’ll get there

1 Like

That’s what I figured… They went really far in the videos I’ve watched regarding the proper way to mix, seemed like they were pushing it too much.

I did it and all is well as far as I can tell. Thanks. Keep it up

2 Likes

I run DWC and i run the GH line…flora duo along with CaliMagic, hydroguard, Armor Si, Floralicious Plus, RapidStar, Diamond Nectar, Lq Koolbloom, Florablend, Flora nectar and KB dry. week 1 of seedling only thing in my reservoir was base nutes A/B, calmag, rapidstart, diamond nectar. and of course the star of the show Hydroguard!!and then everything just got more aggro from week to week.

1 Like

mixing nutes in proper order is all about absorption my friend, not just the order in which you mix but also the time in between mixing in nutes because all of that determines how absorbed the nutrients are within the RO water. for example you want to add things like silica almost always first and it needs about 15 minutes to bond …failing to allow it to bond could cause other nutes added after to essentially drop out…so the when and where seriously matter in hydro.

3 Likes

@nodurxshn Thanks for the information. I followed the directions and always used them in the order they described.

I wanted to add PK without N and just wondered if I could just use the GH bloom or get another brand that stands alone.

1 Like

@nodurxshn any chance you have a journal I can tag a long in :grin:

1 Like

best bet is to use the N-P-K numbers on your nutes for example if we look at GH Floragro we have 2-1-6 so we know it has 2% nitrogen, 1% phosphorus and 6% potash where as florabloom is 0-5-4…and i just reread your reply and realized this is not at alll what you had asked…hahah short answer yes when mixing your nutes just make sure you have more potash and phosphorus in the soup

2 Likes

why yes i do!, im actually about 10 minutes from walking in my tent and chopping. not sure how to link to my journal lol

1 Like

@nodurxshn if you know the name of it. I can search it out :grin:

1 Like

hahah that i can help with, my grow journal at first was all over the place because me bein a newb i didnt really know how all this journal biz worked but my grow journal is under “In Need Of Criticism, New to Hydro” :slight_smile: