First Time Grow Looking for tips pls :)

First, your plants look really nice. Congrats on the job.

It’s hard for me to recommend anything on autos. I flat out mutilate some of my photos and they always bounce back. My run of autos produced some of the smallest plants I’d ever grown. Even the ones I didn’t mess with only grew a few feet.

Your plants are in early flower and the bud sites are clearly visible. Tuck in those big leaves and let the bud get full light. If you’ve got large leaves attached to the main stalk you can just remove them. You can move up the branch from the main stalk and start removing leaves attached to that branch. I would remove every leaf not attached to a bud site or not on a branch with a bud site. In fact, get in there and clean out the middle of the plant.

" Tips for removing fan leaves:

• When learning new techniques or working with new genetics, it’s always a good idea to start small and be conservative. Pluck a few leaves, wait for recovery and then pluck a few more. The heavier you prune in a single session, the more stress that plant will undergo. Some genetics can take a lot of stress without too many negative consequences. Other genetics can be quite sensitive, causing stunting or self- pollination.
  • By removing leaves more regularly, you are touching each plant in the growing environment more often. Use this time to inspect your canopy and leaves for any signs of leaf discoloration, pests or diseases."

There’s a channel on YT that does a lot of autos. He’s also very hands on with his plants. A lot of pruning and grooming. Take a look at his channel and apply this to your next grow.

Mr. Canucks Grow

Like I said before, you should be proud of the work you’ve done. You could leave them as they are. Just make sure you have good airflow and circulation…

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all the kind words and the help. I ended up doing a bit of cutting on the big one. Here is an after picture. I should be watering this week and I will be taking out the cal mag.

1 Like

I just watered all 3 and I’m starting to see some yellowing on the tips of the left one. On my bigger girl to the right I’ve noticed some orange color as well. The buds seem to be forming nicely though.

3 Likes

I still haven’t fed them with any nutrients just water great white and cal mag 2ml per gallon and each plant only takes about a gallon of water a piece. From searching they are saying it could be rust or nute lockout.

1 Like

Beautiful

2 Likes

Polling is Open for the Bud of the Year 2021 contest. Have a Happy and Healthy 2022

I’m at the end of what I believe is week 5 of flower. What do you all think of them ? Am I around 3 weeks away from chop ?

7 Likes

Nice looking girks

1 Like

Plants look good. I would think at least 3 more weeks to go.

1 Like

Your plants look pretty solid :+1:t2:
I would suggest to watch the plants rather than the calendar to figure your harvest schedule.
Autos are their own thing. Photos you can pretty much set a watch for their own flower times and hit it pretty spot on. My last harvest was autos, three of the four were about a week over typical flower time listed and the last was almost three, but I wanted almost all cloudy trichomes.
Do you have a jewelry loupe to look at the trichomes? You’ll find a lot of folks start looking at trichs once a majority of the pistils have turned from white to darker color.When the trichomes get to the level of therapy you are looking for, start the chop process. You’re doing great! You’ve got a good system that works for you. Patience is gonna be the most important part of the grow now.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the help. I haven’t bought a loop yet but I will in the next week. I actually can smell the plants now when I go on to check them, up until this morning I couldent smell them without opening the tent.

1 Like

The leaves are starting to look purple. I just didn’t think the Girl Scouts got purple leaves but they look beautiful. I just added a tower fan to the tent to help with the 3 plants.

4 Likes

Hey everyone just got week 11 today. Take a look at the yellowing and orange.

3 Likes

They grow up so fast… :grin: Pistils are starting to mature.

2 Likes

I think they are in week 7 of flower now. Does the runt in the front look ready to chop ?

2 Likes

nope. :no_good_man:

1 Like

I never “Top” my autos, if they outgrow my closet tent, I always"Supercrop". Sometimes 2-3 times. That type of stress adds weeks of extra grow time.

This zkittlez auto got topped first, then I supercropped it twice. You can see where I bent the trunk to the left, twice.

2 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

They are all on week 14 now from sprout. How much longer do you think they have until chop ?

Forgot to add the pics do you guys think I’m a week out from chop ?

1 Like