First grow purple haze

Friday September 14 day 106 from sprout 43 from flip

This one may be a little long :man_farmer: but lots of pics so it’s okay. It was water day and my pH meter isn’t here yet so I didn’t wanna risk flyin blind. I ran straight distilled water through em all right out of jug. Their pHs were low anyway. Started to take ppms and they were off the chart. I noticed a bunch of floaties in the run off and realized it was residue buildup in the saucers. I haven’t been cleaning them out so I just went on with it. Got the big clones and the babies too. Pulled the curtain back

Went to check on the clones in the armoire and got to staring at my guests

They checked in to the MJ B&B about a week ago. I thought I’d take some close ups and study them. I’m easily entertained :laughing: had a hard time holding still but got a couple

I finally walked away when one flew down on a pot. Couldn’t get my phone out quick enough…super exited :roll_eyes:

This is about the time it got about as curious as I was. It started to walk toward the camera and I got ready for some shutter speed when it jumps right at the phone 6 inches in front of my face. Startled the shit out a me :rofl: landed on my shoulder so we could check each other out.

Then it said “why you lookin at me?”

I apologized and put it back where it was.
Checked on the downstairs clones. I’ve got a couple overachievers but this one is a cut above

I topped her 4 or 5 days ago and she didn’t miss a beat so I put her through the ringer today.
Decided to transplant to 7 gallon (about 28L)

While I was at it I started the mainline and buried it

Chopped all nodes under the the top one and slathered em in aloe and got er done
These 3 are next

This little girl already looks like a main.

Should be easy to train.

And today’s trichs

Remember me saying I was outta room?
Well now its worse :sweat_smile:
Trimmed under left large after looking at pics. What I could reach anyway.

I think that’s all…felt like forever.
Yall have a good one :grinning: :v:

13 Likes

Great update man! Cool photos of your new friend! You’re killing it my dude :v:

3 Likes

Appreciate it Matt :v:

2 Likes

Respect :fist: I’m picking up aluminum tomorrow from my brother in law and I’m gonna try to have my new light finished this weekend! :v:

3 Likes

Excellent update, you’re doing such a great job. Did you put those praying mantis in your grow room? That’s a great idea.

3 Likes

Thank you @raustin
And no they moved in all on their own. How they got inside is a mystery to me but they’re welcome :smile:

6 Likes

That is bizarre that they moved in on their own! I’ve never heard of that, but it must be a good luck omen.

2 Likes

They smelled the bug bait growing and figured… :man_shrugging:t5: Buffet. Soldiers in your army definitely tho. Tripped me out with the story. Had to be zooted as all get out tho. I probably would have smacked him midleap at me. Girls look good tho. Nice touch with the clones. Keep doing everything you’re doing as usual.

3 Likes

Awesome update! How’s the aroma in the flower room? Starting to wreak like i imagine heaven should smell?

3 Likes

Thanks guys
I open the door to the room down there in the mornings to let in fresh air and it fills the whole house within seconds and yes its awesome! You know when a smell triggers memories? That smell puts a smile on my face no matter what I’m doing :grin:

6 Likes

Just make sure you post update pics of the grow from similar angle as first pic above. I wanna watch those colas swell over the next couple of weeks lol.

4 Likes

That preying mantis is cool AF( I dont mean autoflower). How old are those two plants you have in veg waiting in the wings?

2 Likes

They are clones from the ones in flower. Both are the main colas from the large and small mainlines cut 26 days after sprout Then it took them a couple weeks to root. So I guess technically they are 105 days old same as mamas - 2wks?

1 Like

I’m guessing this is a female cuz she loves the camera.

She posed in 2700k light

And in 6500k light

Here’s the difference in plant growth between the 2 spectrums so far

They were all cut at the same time and treated the same way other than different lights
The 2 in front are under the 6500k
A couple in back did get a little light burn from the CFLs being too close

9 Likes

That mantis is so cool! There must’ve been eggs in the soil. All I got in my soil was a centipede.

4 Likes

I saw that @raustin I’d a killed it too. I do butt up against a city park/disc golf course so it’s kinda like livin in the country or or having a few well manicured acres but not. I get lots of critters so who knows. It is cool though :eyes:

2 Likes

Saturday September 15 day 107 from sprout 44 from flip

Group pics
I’ll try to keep this angle first dB

I took Crash out into the natural light. The top half of her where the AC hits her looks a lot older than the bottom. Down low she’s dark green with 100% white pistils and up top fall colors and 50% amber

I take it this will work itself out?
Here’s the small main
I’ll pull her out tomorrow for glamor shots. Her older fans are yellowing pretty fast.
The baby main is showing no I’ll effects from the torture

The others look good
My plan on the babies is to cull the weak and mainline the strong and figure it out from there. The 2 big clones will be in flower probably 9 or 10 wks (purple haze is 70% sativa) so these will be in veg for a while
Which brings me to trichs

Havin trouble taking good pics. I’ll try better tomorrow. On some of em I can’t tell if they’re cloudy or out of focus. Yesterday may have been better
Ya’ll think nutes up to end of wk 7 or cut em out now? @ 44 days now
@raustin @dbrn32 @anon95385719

12 Likes

44 days is a little young. That’s only a little over 6 weeks in flower. I would stay with nutes for at least another week. The plant that’s finishimg uneven can be harvested in stages. Take what’s ready and let the rest finish.

Good luck they are looking great.

6 Likes

I love the fall colors from the a/c, lol. You’ve still got lots of clear trichs, so she’s not ready yet. You’ve grown some beautiful plants, so don’t push too early on harvest.

3 Likes

Thanks so much @raustin and @anon95385719 for your input. IDK what I’d do without yall :kissing_heart:
That’s cool that you can harvest partial plants and not screw stuff up. @anon95385719 you beat me to the question. Again yall are awesome :facepunch:

2 Likes