First Grow Ever!

I just lifted the net pot again, it wasn’t dripping, just wet. I did add more Cal/mag today, I thought it was a nitrogen deficiency. Then checked PH again. Which was the numbers I just gave you.

1 Like

Hmm. I’m gonna grab @HappyHydroGrower @Covertgrower and @peachfuzz perhaps they can provide some assistance.

My biggest suspicion is that you have light leaking through somehow. Your roots are seriously discolored where they’re old, which strikes me as an issue with root rot - almost always that’s light getting through into your water somehow. Hopefully one of those guys will come along and confirm that suspicion or provide a clearer solution.

4 Likes

I was thinking the discoloration of the roots were caused from the dirt of the clay pebbles, but who the hell knows! Thank you good sir! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, roots don’t get like that unless there’s a problem or you have some molasses in your res, which you don’t. Try to find light leaks, and block them. That’s my guidance til someone else can chime in :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This could be it, if you didn’t rinse before use? :thinking:

4 Likes

I didn’t rinse before use, & I didn’t have enough clay pebbles until I changed out the water on Wednesday, more clay pebbles came Thursday, so it could of been light leakage as well. But those roots just don’t seem happy to me :disappointed: There isn’t any light leakage to my knowledge anymore. I’ll give it a few days I guess.

Can we see your bucket…
I would like to see how much oxygen is in there…
I don’t think there is enough…
What size air pump are you running…
I like 950’s for vegg…
2 stones per bucket and 3 buckets which means 6 stones…
2x2 stones…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Here you go @peachfuzz :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is the stone I’m using (4 inch air stone)

3 Likes

This is earlier today

This is now. She seems to be getting better.

5 Likes

This is probably the reason the color brown. I’ve come across a few posts this has happened. When you get the new clay balls give those a rinse, and see what comes off in the bottom. Bottom of the bucket looks like it may have residual. Was your solution brown after you mixed it?

3 Likes

It wasn’t brown immediately, just over time when the air bubbles hit the bottom of the net pot. You think I should rinse out net pot with with distilled water? @Covertgrower

1 Like

Looks to me like your over watering. Doesn’t seem possible but droopy leaves usually mean water level too high or like peach said, not enough air. You need to have around 2” of air gap between water and netpot. Sorry if you already know.
Have you already listed what nutes you’re using and what order you’re mixing in exactly? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response @HappyHydroGrower. Yes I’ve gotten that down for sure.

The order is: micro, grow, bloom, cal/mag, hydroguard. I got by tbsp/gallons. Running a little under 3 gallons but that gives me enough space in between water & bottom of net pot. I think my problem was not rinsing off my pebbles first.

I but the bucket lid/net pot on a different bucket & poured distilled water until they were rinsed.

Do you think I should empty out the bucket & put fresh water & nutes in? I just changed the water on Wednesday, but that’s before I knew about rinsing the pebbles. Thank you again.

2 Likes

I would highly encourage the use of Armor Si when in hydro. If you choose to run that, you need to mix
Armor Si
Calma
Nutes
Hydroguard.

Even if you don’t use Armor Si, mix calmag before nutes and then hydroguard.

Def need to rinse clay pebbles first.
Are your roots slimy or do they smell?
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

So I’ve read up on silica, and I’ll definitely use that next grow for sure!

You taught me something new. Definitely didn’t know to add cal/mag first before nutes. So thank you.

And yes they are definitely slimy & brown. The clay pebbles in this grow have been rinsed now, but the water is nasty from the dust of the pebbles. You think I should change out water & dose nutes according to your information?

4 Likes

You know what, just to be on the safe side, I’m gonna empty out bucket, clean bucket, then start fresh. I need some healthy roots! :rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2::seedling:

3 Likes

Yes def change is needed but first you need to make a batch of water and hydrogen peroxide mix and clean those roots. I can’t remember the ratio to mix and clean roots. Maybe @Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz can explain how to clean root rot.

3 Likes

Thank you sir! I got this. I’ll look it up :sunglasses::metal:t2:Very much appreciated! You da man

3 Likes

Thanks for the assist @HappyHydroGrower @Covertgrower @peachfuzz - I had my hands full today. :v:

4 Likes