Finally got sprouts

That’s why I got a zero filter and am saving up for a good ro system.

1 Like

I really need to get me one of those since our tap water blows.

1 Like

Out of likes but ours is bad to, it’s over 600ppms

Mine is well water, so it’s not terrible but it does take away from your feed. Thank you all for the input, I’m learning a great deal.

1 Like

By the way, what does a good RO system cost?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Changing-Deionization-Cartridge/dp/B00204CQF6/?tag=greenrel-20

I have this one and it works as advertised. I connect to the garden hose outside but I’m in SoCal.

4 Likes

Plants look good. How much liquid are you giving them when feeding 2 times a day? Like @Myfriendis410 I have the same RO unit and like the results, that reminds me I need to shut it off.

1 Like

@Bubblehead about a half a liter each.

Sounds like your over watering, I would back off on the watering. Let the medium dry out more. I water mine when the pots are light or when I can stick my finger into the second knuckle an not feel moisture. I’ll admit I have never grown in coco so I do not know how quickly it dries out.

I water almost every day once a day, I’m in 5 gallon pots, I use 1 gallon and water each with about a half gallon. If they dont feel light enough I wait another day, and every 3rd-4th feeding I just give them phed water at 0 ppms, again I am just following the instructions on the box.

I’m following alot of what dr mj coco has to say. Alot of it makes sense but in real life and never doing it before it’s really nerve racking.

Here is a couple good articles, alot of basics but some in depth coco related stuff.

Making progress

@MrPeat
@CoyoteCody
@Bubblehead
@Myfriendis410

3 Likes

@semo63936 Looking good. How do you like the fabric pots?

Looking much better!!!

@MrPeat thinking about going smaller, maybe a 3 gallon smart pot my next grow for autos. 2 of these are 7 gal and one is 5 gal, a little to big to move around.
@CoyoteCody they are finally growing around day 23 from sprouting. How are yours?

2 Likes

Understandable…I don’t move mine no more. Killed several bean stalks that way.

@semo63936 not bad, the lights are out right now, but I’ll get some updated pics later.

3 Likes

Looking good @CoyoteCody. They seem to really take off around day 18.

2 Likes

Thank you. I agree, and once they do it’s off to the races.

I read once on a post from an experienced grower that they only use 3-gallon on autos. He theory is that their life cycle is so fast that the roots wound fill a 5-gallon pot so why waist the money on extra soil

1 Like