Hello, I have a calcium issue during my 6th week of flower on some blue dreams. This is only affecting 10% of the flowering crop. But it’s bad. I have added more calcium but I haven’t seen it halt. Recently I came across ILGM PH chart, it says that calcium uptakes starts at 6.0 PH. We currently use a ph controller at 5.7 ph. Which would limit the uptake since we don’t allow the water to get to 6.0.
chart it looks like every nutrient still is available at 6.0. I almost feel that running at 5.7 in veg then bumping to 6.0 in flower would keep this from happening. This happened on my last round and I misdiagnosed and changed too much for too long. It affected the harvest badly. I’m not overreacting this time but I’m worried as some of these girls have been building so nicely.
I want to fix ASAP but don’t want to cause another issue so late in flower.
My set up:
Tap water at 25ppm to start.
Emerald cal mag at 2ml per gal
We run flow tables with 16 plants each all in pots w clay pellets. We water every 45 min for 10 min. Ran from a 70 gal res. Feeding two tables each.
We also have a 26 bucket RDWC.
we use AN ph perfect three part base and the AN flower additives such as big Bud and candy. We also rotate b52 and voodoo.
Plants on both the tables and buckets are showing the signs.
My pic is not the best I’ll get better shortly.
We maintain flower ppms around 1000 and keep PH steady at 5.7. Water temp is 67-71. Air stones everywhere.
If the calicium uptake issue is corrected should I see rebounds of those plants for thier last few weeks of flower?
@TDubWilly@Bogleg@WickedAle@Myfriendis410 are some very knowledgeable hydro guys. Welcome to the forum I’m sure help is on the way. Pics downloaded one at a time in regular light will help to diagnose your situation. Good luck
Welcome to the forum! Ph requirements and uptake between a hydro grow and a soil grow are going to be different.
Also, damaged leaves won’t correct themselves. So when you have an issue those leaves are pretty much shot, you’ll have to watch your newer growth to have indication of whether issue is better or not. One more thing, I’m not sure if you’re using ph adjusters with the ph perfect nutes? I’ve read several issues in doing that.
Turns out the issue I’m here! get a move on!! Only on my grape kush. They share res w blue dream which have zero signs of deficiency. Pics are of two plants. The leaf is from the second plant. Buds are growing and fattening up still.
We are allowing the ph to rise to 6.0 on the controllers.
What are yalls thoughts on the pics?
Thanks so much for your sharing, it’s much appreciated!
What is your ppm? Did you add any nutrients that contained sugars or organics? What do the roots of each plant look like? Thinking microbe attack, I can’t tell from leaves. You would be abl,e,to see it on the roots and possibly the stem in the netcup.
I have two strains. Blue Dream and Grape Kush. This issue is showing only on the grapes. The Blues show no signs of anything. But the blues flower longer, so they aren’t quite as developed and as far along into flower.
They share a res so I feel any root issue would be spread into both tables the single res feeds. Thus impacting the blue dreams. But, the blues are
Idk, I don’t want to over think it but I need to get her what she needs so she (they) can finish as strong as possible.
It’s looks like a calcium issue to me the chart shows little to no feeding at 5.7. Which is where I have always tried to stay. The “sweet spot” 5.5-5.8 range wise. But now I’m wondering if this strain needs more calcium late in flower and my low ph at 5.7 isn’t allowing calcium feeding. I’m arriving at that conclusion based on the chart that shows no calcium feeding at 5.7.
I just hate seeing the girls struggle.
Yes I have some slime on the walls of the table res. The RDWC doesn’t seem to have any…yet.
Slime is an indication you have some anerobic bacterial growth. I’d check the roots for slime too. These bacteria are probably sucking down all of the O2 and is making the feed toxic. Maybe th blues are more hearty than the grapes to this root rot.
I have been using AN’s Piranha to avoid the slime in my hydro, high press aero and so far working great. I am almst 2 weeks into flower On my 1st hydro attempt. I keep my ph at about 5.7 but I DO let it climb to 6.2ish before I drop it back dwn to 5.7. I find it gives the plant to have more of a ph “range” so it get the nutes that need lower ph and then hits the nutes that require abit higher ph to absorb. I find 5.7-6.2 works good for me, I also use the same in my pro mix girls too.
My hydro is T99
Pro mix I have GSC, OGK and T99.
All almst 2 weeks into flwer and the only one showing cal mag issues is my T99 in pro mix. Just brought ph of T99 pro mix up to 6.1 run off today from 5.6 to see of it helps.
I would def bring ur ph up a point or 2 and see how thats goes.