Do you flush before harvesting

Thanks my friend i appreciate you taking the time and your input, I think I’m set now no flushing, thanks again for your help

1 Like

Yes I definitely intend to do pictures of the buds in the jars when I get the jars, if you want to check her out it’s goldy a gold leaf tale

I think @DieHigh55 was saying to give less light the last 2 weeks. 10 on/14 off, then 8 on/16 off, then complete darkness.

I’ve never tried it that way, but it would be the same as simulating shorter days that naturally occur. They definitely squeeze out some resin with 24 hours darkness before chopping.

@daz49 what nutrients are you using? And are you following manufacturer schedule or a modified schedule? I should’ve asked earlier but wasn’t thinking. A lot of the nutrient lines are now offering recommend schedule for ripening. In my opinion, this is where you want to be for the last 2 weeks. Should be less nutes than you had been giving but enough to maximize bud swell and resin production as your girls get through the final days.

2 Likes

Ah that makes more sense now, that’s why I thought I’d better ask phew that was a close one I’m using flower power nutrients but cannaboost for the last 2 weeks since there’s only enough for 1 plant in their pack, plenty of the start ones, I had to get more bloom ,so I got a kilo of it and like I said I got the cannaboost to finish her with but she still gets the bloom with that, as a 50/50 shared feed and not in the same bottle, I mix them as a 2ltr bottle of each, thanks for putting me right my friend it makes much more sense the other way round

2 Likes

No no, you got it backwards. You should be on 12/12 now, you’ll go to 10 hours light and 14 darkness for a week, than 8 hours light and 16 hours darkness for the last week. Saves electricity too. Never tried stem splitting but there are some good films on YouTube regarding it. 24 hours of complete darkness is enough before chop chop.

1 Like

Thanks my brother lol that’s why I thought I’d ask, that makes much more sense, I will be doing pictures of the stem splitting I just want to clarify with the guys the correct day to do it
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

@daz49 glad @DieHigh55 was able to help you out lol
I split my stem 2-4 days before harvest
Last grow I did it 2 days before I went to a 48 hour dark period so 4 day prior the guide states you can split stem up to 1 week prior to harvest
I also stop watering about a week prior to harvest as well
Just sharing what I do brother
Happy growing my friend
I’m harvesting my second tent this weekend woohoo I should be done trimming my firstvtent today or tomorrow then I can post some dry wieght ma :cowboy_hat_face::v::+1: John

4 Likes

Thanks my brother, really appreciate it, I might do it for the week then, would that be the same week as stopping feeding her? I don’t wanna sound thick but I don’t want to get it wrong,really appreciate your help bro

2 Likes

Hahaha only dumb question is the one not asked my friend @daz49

Yeah the idea is splitting stem will interrupt the up flow of water and nutrients into the plant forcing her to ramp up tricombes production to catch pollen that we all deny them hahahaha
But they don’t know that and try any way brother

2 Likes

Oh yeah, ok then, so she’ll actually be alright with out water or nutrients for a week? So the cannaboost is 2 weeks before she finishes -maybe I should have started that a week ago instead of today? I’m asking lots of questions because she’s so close, you must be loving it you’ve just done 1 a couple of weeks ago and your next 1 is she due around the same time as mine then bro

1 Like

Nice :+1: yeah a little over a week this Saturday will be two weeks i since I harvested the first tent
I so t know about that line of nutrients I’ve never use the Iglm line but hear good stuff about it
@Hogmaster uses them he’s know more about that then I will @daz49

The cannaboost should get you there. I have the entire canna aqua line on standby, gonna try my first rdwc at some point.

Just a thought here… you have several good recommendations on how to proceed, but I’m not sure that all of them will play well together. I’m saying to keep giving them nutes, which is the opposite of plain ph water, and doesn’t make sense if you’re gonna split the stem. If you’re planning on playing some trickery with the light cycle as well, it may be to much. All are proven methods that will get you where you want to be, I’m just not sure all will go together well.

Curious as to what the others think… if you’re gonna split the stem, consider saving your nutes and go plain ph’d water. Doesn’t make sense to give it nutes and then split the stem to keep from pulling them. I’d go with one way or the other, and maybe try a different method of finishing on a different grow if you want. Regardless of who you follow I think they are all great methods. I just don’t want you to get too cute with it and cause any problems.

3 Likes

Thanks bro and the rest of the nutrients I use is flower power nutrients but the boost run out with Bertha so I’m trying the liquid cannaboost nutrients for the last stage, I don’t think she’s going to give me as much as Bertha but you never know

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the results @daz49

1 Like

Thanks again my brother, I’m getting what you’re saying, I’ll ask @Countryboyjvd1971 see what he thinks and thanks for saying about the cannaboost, I did think it’d do ok, maybe because John says stop feeding her for a week before and that’s how it makes sense, I think everyone’s input is great

Me to my brother I can only hope they are near to close as good as yours

1 Like

I’m with @dbrn32 on saving the. Nutes I’d definitely goes against what your doing so if you just feed her wait a few days before you split her that way she can benifit a little by the feeding or it was a waste of nutrients for sure
And going dark will be ok since tricombes are produced at night or during dark period
I would stop feeding and watering myself as I stated earlier @daz49

2 Likes

Thanks again my brother, that’s what I’m going to do, nutes for a week while I do 10/14 and then no feeding when I go to 18/6 ,then split the stem 4 days before and total darkness the last 2 days, does that sound like a good plan? And no flushing

I’m with @dbrn32 and @Countryboyjvd1971 too. However, if you think about it, your last feeding will be your last watering in all likelihood. Splitting the stem shouldn’t interrupt nutrient flow but will scare the crap out of Bertha lol. Which is a good thing.

3 Likes

18/6 on off is for veg or 14/10 on off brother you want 12/12 or 10/14 on off for flower 10/14 at end of flower is a good choice brother

2 Likes