Diving in - Any tips/suggestions

I am going to attempt my first grow and just trying to get everything that I need. Been reading through the posts and have a good idea of what to get. The main thing I am unsure on is the light was wondering if this is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08772CTK7/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K will be sufficient?

Items:
-Tent: 32x32x63 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07413MWST/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A1UKKPZLWRDR6K&th=1

-Vivosun air filtration kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFRNPR8/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K

-Foxfarm Ocean Forest Potting mix
-3 or 5 gallon fabric pots
-Seeds Sour Diesel auto

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, I looked over your list make sure you add a circulation fan. I would say tent is fine, exhaust fan is fine, filter is good. Then there’s lights, which is one of the most debated topics I see on the forum. I believe that light will work but I guarantee you will receive multiple brands and watt recommendations. I too always need a new toy and was looking at lights this morning.

4 Likes

The fan in that kit sounds to be pretty crap from what the reviews say so you may want to assemble your own kit, the tent sounds fine but slightly smaller then a 3x3 so expect to only grow a max of 3 autos at a time ( I personally recommend 5 gal pots) now for lights I don’t recommend anything worse / cheaper then a Mars hydro 1000

1 Like

I would say make sure you have appropriate, and more importantly, accurate meters. pH, TDS, Thermometer, Hygrometer, etc…

I’m running Mars Hydro TSL2000 and love it.

2 Likes

@SKORPION is giving you solid advice.

I would avoid viviosun or any vivio whatever product they tend to be a bit lower quality then the standard.

I don’t recommend Amazon for lights I recommend kingbrites on Alibaba.
Best bang for your buck by far.

It’s Intresting to see viviosun is now using 301 chips but still cheap boards.

HLG if a big recommendation here because they are known quality but it comes at a big price.
Kingbrite is a Chinese led manufacturer, big name Commerical brand that does a few grow lights on the side and they are basically using the same tech at a much cheaper price point.

Google them.

You won’t be disappointed many members on the forums are starting to get them.

Ps @GreenSnek makes a solid point.
It’s more expensive but get an AC infinity and pair it with a cheap filter.
AC infity T series come with temp and humidity controllers that are absolutely essential! It costs more but you won’t regret it as it gives automation. Otherwise your fan runs 24/7 or you can only control 1 value with an after market controller.

2 Likes

Thank you… looking into different pH meters. I saw the multiple people recommend Apera or bluelab

Will do. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for that. Definitely will look into them. SO with the AC Infinity, that’s all I would need, no fan or humidifier/dehumidifier (depending on space)?

Thank you. I plan to grow no more than 2 at a time, but for the first one, I’ll do only one to see how it goes.

You buy an AC infinity T series and theny ou buy a filter.
It’s an exhaust fan with a controller. You may still need a humidfior or dehumidifier depending on what your average room RH is in the grow room then depending on plants and tent space. Ultimately you want an AC infinity nothing else compares.

1 Like

I have a Cool Grows tent. Works great with no leaks. If I were you, for about the same money you will get a better yield with this MarsHydro light–> Amazon.com